Chapter 2 ~ The Weasley Household

~Hermione~

"Would you like anything to eat dear?" Molly, Ron's mom and Harry's adoptive mother asks me politely.
"No thanks Mrs. Weasley." I politely decline.
"Please, call me Molly." Molly requests before quickly shuffling out of the living room where Ron, Harry and I are currently hanging out.
"Where's Ginny?" Harry asks, surprises that Ron's younger sister is here hanging out with us.
"She's with Dean again." Ron answers in disapproval of his sisters on-again off-again boyfriend.
"They're together again?" Harry asks, sounding slightly hurt but I can't tell why, and I don't think Ron picked up on it so I won't ask.
"Apparently so." Ron says with a sigh.
"I'm home!" A girl yells after we all hear the door shut and we all can tell that it's Ginny.
We all get up from our different spots in the living room and make our way towards the front door to say hi to Ginny.
"Ginny!" I greet with a small smile on my face as we got into the dining room where she is.
"Hermione! It's nice to see you." Ginny says before pulling me into a bone crushing hug, just like how her mother does.
"Can't breath." I say before she lets go of me and mumbles a quick sorry. "I thought you were out with Dean."
"I was." Ginny says with a sad tone and I instantly notice that something happened between the two. "We uh, we broke up and I think it's for good this time."
"Oh Ginny."I sigh before pulling her in for another hug and she begins to quietly cry into my shoulder, getting my sweater wet in the process. "Let's go get something to eat and we can have a movie night with ice cream."
Hours after a heartbroken Ginny came home all four of us are crowded on the large couch in the living room watching various romance movies. Even though Ron and Harry protested the idea they let Ginny pick the movie because they want her to try and get over Dean as quickly as possible.
"Hey Hermione." Ginny speaks up after the last movie ended, both Ron and Harry had fallen asleep and are leaning on each other.
"What's up?" I answer quietly to not wake up the boys.
"You don't like Ron, do you?" Ginny asks.
"What do you mean?" I ask, completely oblivious to her meaning of 'like'.
"In a romantic way." Ginny states obviously.
"Obviously, he's like a brother to me." I say as if it were absurd to think of me and Ron being together.
"Okay, I just always thought that you two would end up wrong together. If not Ron, or Harry, who? Draco?" Ginny scoffs and I remember that I haven't told her about my date with Draco.
"Actually, speaking of Draco." Once I finish my sentence Ginny looks up at me with complete surprise written on her face.
"Don't tell me that you've gotten with Malfoy!" Ginny yells before she realizes that the boys are asleep and they don't even react.
"No! No! Of course not!" I say, thankful that it's dark for a blush has creeped onto my cheeks. "He's forcing me to go to a family gathering with him. As his date." I say before quickly explaining everything that happened with Mrs. Calico's window.
"No way! Those two idiots have done it this time." Ginny says, sounding pissed as she references her brothers. "Now they've made you suffer during your last summer here, how rude!"
"Ginny calm down, it's fine!" I say with a chuckle at the resemblance between Ginny and her mother when they get fired up.
"No it's not! They're making you go on a date with Malfoy." Ginny says before making a gagging noise and we both erupt in giggles, causing Harry to wake up and push Ron off of him. "Dang it, I should have got a picture of the two of them."
"Shut up Ginny. I'm going to bed." Harry says grumpily before stumbling out of the living room and towards his bedroom.
"Goodnight grumpy." I call after him quietly and I don't get a response. "When are you going to bed?"
"Whenever you want me too." Ginny answers kindly, always caring about others before herself.
"Should we wake Ron up?" I ask, turning to look at Ron who now his his nose shoved into the couch cushion Harry used to be siting on.
"It would probably be for the best." Ginny says before getting up and walking to where Ron was sleeping face first into the couch. "Ronald! Wake up!"
"Huh? What?" Ron says, shooting up from where he was sitting.
"Go to bed." Ginny says with a caring tone that was reserved for her close friends and family.
"Okay." Ron says before he stumbles out of the living room and towards his room like how Harry did minutes ago.
"Goodnight Hermione." Ginny says before exiting the living room to go to her room to go to sleep.
"Goodnight." I say to the empty living room before spreading out on the couch and pulling the covers up to just below my chin.
I shut my eyes and slowly begin to process what happened today. But the only thing I can focus on is Draco and him telling me how I'm going to a family gathering with him. I quickly fall asleep to thoughts of me and Draco I thought I would never in a million years have.