Chapter 7 ~ The Party pt. 2

~Hermione~

"Well don't just stand there, come in so you can get ready." Draco says, the door open enough for me to slip inside, and I do.
"Okay." I say, trying to regain my composure.
"You can get ready wherever you want, don't let me get in the way." Draco says before putting his hand on my lower back and slipping past me and to where I assume his clothes are.
"O-okay."no stutter before I turn and walk to one of the many mirrors to start on my makeup.
I decide to do simple make up, with just a little bit of eyeliner, contour and a touch of highlighter. On top of foundation and concealer. I decide on wearing a very pretty pinky nude liquid lipstick.
"How do I look?" I ask, turning to look at Draco who's already ready and good to go.
"Beautiful." Draco answers simply and makes my cheeks turn a bright crimson.
"T-thank you." I say before opening my bag that has my dress in it and I pull out my dress. "Could you, uh, turn around so I can put this on?"
"Y-yeah, sorry." Draco stutters before turning around so his back is facing me and I quickly realize that I made Draco Malfoy stutter.
I quickly unzip the dress in the back and slip into it and try to zip it back up myself but I can't reach the zipper.
"Hey, Draco." I call out.
"Yeah?" Draco answers quickly.
"Can you zip this up for me?" I ask making sure that my privates are covered.
"Sure." Draco says before he walks over to me and zips up my dress.
"Thank you." I thank him before looking at myself in the mirror and I have to admit that I look pretty damn good.
"Wow, uh, you look gorgeous." Draco says, sounding shocked.
"Thank you." I say with a smile before pulling out my shoes and putting them on so now Draco and I are the same height. "Ready?"
"Yeah, yeah. Let's go, and my mother will be taking pictures." Draco informs before heading to the door of the bathroom and opens the door and holds it open for me.
I step out into the hall and Draco does after me and shuts the door behind him. He leads the way downstairs and I follow shortly behind him and I see his mother and two other people are talking in the middle of the grand foyer.
"Nymphadora, it's wonderful to see you, and you look wonderful Remus." I hear Narcissa say politely to her two guests.
"It's good to see you too Aunt Narcissa, but please don't call me Nymphadora, you know that I like to be called Tonks." The woman pleads.
"Alright, alright. I apologize." Narcissa apologizes with a smile.
"Mother." Draco says as him and I reach the bottom of the stairs.
"Oh!" Narcissa exclaims when she sees both of us. "Hermione you look wonderful!"
"Hermione? As in the Hermione Granger?" The man asks and I suddenly recognize who it is.
"Professor Lupin! It's so good to see you!" I say, giving my old teacher a quick hug before going back to standing next to Draco.
"Well this is a surprise, I thought you and Draco didn't get along?" Remus asks, using his memory from when he taught us in eighth grade.
"Well, that's the past. We get along great now, don't we?" Draco says insinuating that we do more than just talk, I you catch my drift.
"That's right." I say, and to make it more believe able I grab Draco's hand and lace my fingers through his.
"Oh, very surprising indeed." Remus says with a genuine smile on his face.
"Pictures!" Narcissa exclaims while pulling out a rather expensive looking camera.
"Do we have to mother?" Draco complains.
"Yes! And stop your whining! It's not attractive on a boy your age. Right, Hermione?" Narcissa points.
"That is very true." I say with a smirk on my face as Draco sends me a rather fake glare.
"Now, do something cute." Narcissa demands, pointing the camera at us.
I turn so that I'm standing on Draco's side, I wrap my right around around his shoulders and I kiss his cheek and Narcissa takes about a thousand photos.
"Just one more, Draco, you do something this time." Narcissa demands.
Before I know what's happen Draco spins around so he's facing me and he kisses me and Narcissa takes double the photos than she did when I kissed his cheek. DRACO MALFOY KISSED ME! I want to go run around! I can't believe it.
Draco pulls away, way too soon in my opinion and there's a dark blush present on his cheeks. Draco opens his mouth to say something but someone pounds on the front door.
"I'll get it!" Narcissa announces before scurrying towards the door and quickly opens it. "Mother, father, it's so wonder to see you two."
"Hey prepared, your about to get attacked with questions." Draco says before Narcissa leads an elderly couple into the grand foyer and their eyes instantly land on me.
"Who is this girl?" The elderly woman asks coldly.
"My girlfriend." Draco answers with a cold tone as well, making me feel like their family isn't too keen on love and happiness of its members.
"It's nice to meet you. I'm Edgar and this is my wife Amelia. And you are?"The elderly man introduces.
"It's nice to meet you as well. I'm Hermione. Hermione Granger." I greet the two with a simple smile.
"Is your father Dr. Granger? The dentist?" Amelia asks, no emotion in her voice.
"Yes, why do you ask?" I ask, wondering if they know my father.
"I just think that my grandson can do better than a dentists daughter. That's all." Amelia says with no emotion, which makes me want to run away and cry.
"You will not disrespect one of my guests in my own home!" Narcissa yells, clearing outraged by her mothers comment.
"Narcissa, it's fine, I understand. Just because I don't come from a family that's full of wealth I'm not good enough. I get it." I say, trying to hold back tears.
"Don't say that!" Draco snaps from next to me and he squeezes my hand.
"Get out!" Narcissa yells at her parents, pointing at the door. "When you learn to be decent people you may come back!"
"Do not talk to me that way, do you understand? What in the world has gotten into you?" Edgar yells.
"Get! Out!" Narcissa yells. "Or do I have to call the police?"
Amelia and Edgar just huff in defeat before stomping out of the house like two whiny toddlers. When I hear the door shut that's when I let the tears fall freely from my eyes.
"Hey, why are you crying?" Draco asks, completely confused.
"Why did you kiss me?" I ask through tears, and the adults silently leave the room, somehow understanding that we need to be alone for this conversation.
"Because I wanted too, and because I like you." Draco answers honestly.
"You what?" I ask, completely confused.
"I like you! In a romantic way. I want to date you." Draco yells and is immediately shocked at how much he just told me.
"I like you too." I answer, wiping the tears away from my eyes, knowing that my makeup is running but I don't care, the person I like just admitted that they like me back.
"Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" Draco asks, holding out his hand.
"Yes." I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him in for a kiss.
"Yay!" Narcissa calls from the opposite side of the stairs.

Authors note

Oh my lord guys! That was a long one! I hope you liked it. Vote for it if you did. And this is now in the wattys so please share it with your friends and followers! Thank you so much for reading!