1. food fight

four
grace

i stumbled to the pool, still kind of in awe of ethan, a stranger that out of no where wanted to help crack open my shell. he had all the confidence in the world. most people would be so embarrassed if they ever said anything ethan does, i know i would be.

"what did you guys talk about?" alisha suddenly appears in front of me. "grayson told me that he took you to the beach so you could talk."

"n-nothing." i shake my head. "just keep in mind there may or may not be a food fight tonight." i rush, and her mouth hangs wide open.

graysons ears perked up when he heard 'food fight', but he continued to play with the kids.

"oh god. there hasn't been a food fight in years." alisha rubs her temples.

"also, it may or may not be because of me. at the beach, he told me that he was going to help me break my firsts. and since i've never been in a food fight, i guess that's one of them."

"he's probably going to get in a lot of trouble helping you do the firsts things. he may or may not take the blame for everything. just be aware of that." alisha was the most realistic person i've ever met. and i appreciated it. a lot.

suddenly, my mind automatically flips to what could happen. what if they make him leave? i probably won't see him again, and i need to, depending on how my goal over the summer was to put his guard down. to see if he isn't the jerk he's made out to be.

he's bad news grace. just calm down. besides, he doesn't get caught. barely gets into trouble.

"not necessarily... doesn't he get by with that type of thing?" i ask.

"oh he'll definitely get caught. people will for sure rat him out. but they wouldn't kick him out or anything. probably just a warning." alisha shrugs.

"i don't know. it would just suck if i was the reason he got kicked out." i pick at the already chipped nail polish on my fingernails, which was something i did when i was anxious.

"knowing him, he probably would come back anyway."

"i'm guessing you're talking about-" grayson gets cut off. he runs his fingers through his hair. sweat trickled on his forehead, but he wipes it away.

"your brother. grace was worried that ethan would get kicked out if he started a food fight." alisha responds.

"a food fight? why the hell would he do that?"

my eyebrows raise and i scratch my head. "i uh, i uh don't know."

alisha rolls her eyes at me.

"ethan said he wanted to help break some of graces first-" i hit her side

"just be careful grace." he sighs. it was as if he's said it a million times before. his tone of voice gave it away. maybe i wasn't as special as i thought. . .

but maybe i was. hopefully i'll find out.
sooner or later.

L I F E G U A R D