4. seven minutes in heaven

nine
grace

"sweetheart." ethan shakes me awake, i try to push him away, but his succeeding attempt was relentless. "we're gonna do something. maybe even break another first." he didn't seem thrilled at all, he was tired and it was obvious.

"ethan-"

"it's gonna be fun, come on." he smiles sleepily. he grabs my hands and pulls me up. i reluctantly get out from under the covers and i follow him out the hall into the lounge.

low and behold, there on the floor the lifeguards sat in a circle with a gap big enough for me and ethan. it was so dark that i could barely see any of them. "ethan, i don't know about thi-"

"grace! you know these guys right?" ethan fakes a smile. "that's ben, ross, emma, hannah, ashley, blake, justin, and jessica." he introduces, pointing to everyone in the circle.

"the rest are asleep, those pussies wouldn't wake up." jessica laughs. "here grace, why don't you sit next to me?" she pats the empty space next to her.

"sure." i smile. i was unsure of the whole situation, but i sat next to her anyway. ethan puts his hand on my back securely, and sits right next to me.

"i didn't tell grace what we were doing. someone else explain." ethan clears his throat. "please."

"we're playing seven minutes in heaven." ben shrugs. i furrow my eyebrows.
"by the look on her face i can tell she's never played before." randy chuckles. "poor girl."

"n-no. i know what it is." i tuck my hair behind my ear, and shift my eyes to my hands. i tried desperately to not make it seem like i was lying, but i was failing. everyone around me starts to laugh.

"grace it's okay if you don-" ethan starts to say.

jessica pipes in again. "oh how cute! she doesn't know."

"you'll understand when we start the game." ross says, and i nod.

"who has the bottle?" emma asks. justin takes a sprite bottle out of his sweatshirt front pocket, and puts it in the middle of the circle.

"blake, that means you spin." hannah nods towards him. blake smirks and spins the bottle as hard as he could. it seemed as if it were spinning for hours, but it was only a couple seconds. the bottle landed between me and jessica.

"it's more on your side." jessica smirks and folds her arms.
"no it's not!" ethan exclaims. "it's obviously more on your side jess."

"sorry to break it to you man. it's on graces side."

"what does that mean?" i ask again.

"that means you go into the bathroom. you'll figure it out in a second." randy snickers, and so does everyone else, except for ethan.

i reluctantly get up, and i walked to the bathroom. i could tell everyone was laughing and staring at me from behind me.

i walk inside and shut the door. i'm surprised i haven't died from embarrassment by now. i run my hands through my hair and take a deep breath. when i told my uncle i wanted to work here, i didn't sign up for the embarrassment along with it.

"listen." ethan bursts through the door, and shuts it back quickly. "i know you're extremely confused, i don't blame you."

"i don't want to force you into anything either, i brought you out here to watch the shit show, not star in it. somehow the bottle landed on me after you went in here."

"are you sure it landed on you?" i laugh.

"well, no." ethan sighs. "but anyways you spend seven minutes in here with someone and you're supposed to make out, but i won't force you into it because i know you're probably not ready to do that! we can just talk if you want, like i'm fine with that."

"ethan-"

"i know! i'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, it's my fault, honestly you can go back to sleep after the seven-"

i grab his face and press my lips against his. i pull away, and my hands lead to his hair, playing with the curls.

"that was a really fucking good way to shut me up." ethan laughs nervously.

"hey, i don't know how to do this whole making out thing, so it'd be great if you showed me how." i giggle.

"okay." he responds quickly. "well first, i would put you on the counter."

he grabs the back of my thighs, and places me gently on the counter. "like that." he finishes.

"and then what?" ethan was melting under my touch, and with every time i spoke, he seemed to get more nervous, which was very unlike him, all because of me.

"well, i would put m-my hands on your face, and you would put yours right here." he grabbed my hands, and put them on his waist. "wait, now that i think about it seems very unnatural." he chuckles awkwardly.

"what about this?" i place one of his hands on my hip, where it travels underneath my shirt, his warm hands touching my skin. i wrap my arms around his neck.

"y-yeah id say that's a lot better."

"id say that you're nervous right now." i laugh, putting my forehead against his.

"t-there's no way in hell im nervous!" ethan scoffs. "i'm ethan dolan for fucks s-"

i press my lips against his again, and i felt the same exact sparks i did the first time, if not more. i pull away, leaving him breathless.

"do it again. for longer."

i smile, and i kiss him once again, this time a lot longer, this time a lot more passionate.

"fuck sweetheart. i cant take it anymore." ethan smashes his lips on mine. his hands roam my body, stopping at my hips. he grabs me and brings me even closer. i did what he did to me earlier, i put my hands under his shirt, feeling up his stomach. i wrap my arms around his waist, now bringing him closer.

"for your first kiss you're really good. really good." ethan pants. "you have no idea how long i've been waiting for this. to find out that little grace isn't so innocent after all."

"and i've found out that little ethan isn't so tough as he makes himself out to be."

"you're the first one." ethan chuckles. he kisses me again. "i don't know what you've fucking done to me grace."

"i don't know either."

"but i'm glad you did it." and with that, his lips are on mine again, and i didn't mind if it stayed like that for eternity.

L I F E G U A R D

HEHEHEHEHE I GOT BUTTERFLIES