soft

grace
fourteen

"rise and shine grace!" i hear my uncle call out. wait, uncle todd? i've never opened my eyes quicker. how am i in my bed when i was just at the beach?

"grace, i need you to do me a favor."

"y-yeah?" i felt like shit. i felt completely and utterly gross, and i probably looked as gross as i felt.

"can you go to walmart and get some bandaids? you can take my truck, the keys are on the counter. i'm heading out to the other side of the campus, some annoying ass staffers are complaining about something again." probably the most random thing to ask to get from walmart, but it's not like i had a choice.

"yeah, s-sure i just need to take a shower." he smiles and walks out, shutting my door.

my heart was beating out of my chest, i'm so glad he didn't find us sleeping on the beach. ethan must have taken me back while i was asleep. i grabbed my phone and saw that it was saturday, meaning no one had work today, excluding the people with jobs like my uncle. i breathed out a sigh of relief.

i called ethan, not even considering that he might still be asleep. it rang a couple times, but he soon enough answered.

"hey sweetheart." he said groggily. "what're you up to?"

"you're so fucking sappy! who the hell are you anymore ethan!" i heard a guy say in the background.
"yeah, what happened to the ethan that fucke-" another one said, but got cut off.

i could tell ethan covered the receiver so i couldn't hear what they were saying, but i could still barely hear them. "shut the fuck up justin or i swear to god i'll-"

"hey! it happened left and right, am i not allowed to say anything about it?"

"that was a long time ago asshol-"

"ethan should i just call you back?" i say. obviously this was a bad time.
"sweetheart, no, god damn it- is your uncle home?"
"no-"
"i'm coming over."

"oh you're retreating to your little girlfriend? are you gonna tell on us to her? you should do it. i'd love for her to punish me." i heard again in the background.

i could hear ethan's sporadic breathing, and i could tell he was furious. "ethan, just walk out. he knows what pushes your buttons just please walk ou-"

he hung up on me. what just happened? i knew i needed to get over there, fast, but i knew i probably didn't want to see what was going on over there.
i quickly called alisha, i was extremely anxious.

"hell-"
"is there a fight going on in the boys side of the house?"
"no? we heard their typical yelling but that's about it. if they were fighting we would have heard it. was ethan the one yelling?"
"i was on the phone with him and justin said some messed up stuff and ethan just hung up."
"oh my god grace, justin sure loves to taunt him."

i heard a knock on my window, and i knew it had to be ethan. i told alisha that i would see her later and i hung up, then i moved over my curtains, revealing ethan, his face red and sweaty, his hair still had some sand in it from last night. i opened the window and he climbed in. he sat on my bed with me, and looked into my eyes. his were the darkest i've ever seen them, anger still radiated off of him.

"i've done some fucked up things in my teenage years okay? all the lifeguards know that. probably all the staffers know that. i fucked with girls, a lot. but grace i would never ever do that to you. god, you've changed me into an ethan i didn't know existed. you're the fucking reason i didn't just kill justin." he chuckles. "but he had it coming for him. but i also don't want him to have that satisfaction."

"you don't have to kill anyone for me." i laugh.

"oh but i do sweetheart. next time he pulls some shit like that again i'm throwing him into the ocean." we both burst into laughter.

"but seriously, don't worry about him. i'm yours."
"does that mean we can take a shower together?" ethan smirks, raising his eyebrow.
i roll my eyes. "let me think about it... no."

"oh come on! you're no fun." he laughs. "speaking of fun, i could have taken you right on that beach last night." his demeanor, completely changed. he laid me on my back, and hovered over me.

"because you're fun to tease." i giggle.

"that's only because i don't expect it from an innocent sweetheart like you!" ethan looks down at my lips. "but you, my girl, are even more fun to tease. the little things get your face red, like when i do this," he sticks his thumb in my mouth, and i swirl my tongue around it. he takes it out and drags it down my lip. i could feel the heat rushing up to my face. "your face is red as can be sweetheart." he whispers.

"you know what?" i flip us over so now i'm on top. "what sweetheart? i'd like to see you try and get my face red." he puts his hands behind his head as i smirk and lean down to kiss his lips. he kisses me back hungrily. after a little bit i bite his bottom lip and drag it down. it snaps back into place and he laughs. "you've been there, done that. my face still isn't red."

i sit up again and scoot down lower and lower. "grace what are you-" i move my hips in circles in response. "grace." he says with gritted teeth. he ends up groaning loudly, causing him to cover his mouth, and his face. i erupt in laughter, and i get off of him to take his hands off his face.

"my face isn't red."
"i beg to differ." i laugh. "admit it!"
"no. ethan dolan doesn't admit shit."

"wow, i made the ethan dolan become soft."
"you didn't actually, depending on how i'm pretty hard now."

"ethan!" i exclaim. he laughs so hard that he wheezes, his hands clutch his stomach, revealing his red face.

"fine, i'll only admit my face is red because you're my sweetheart, plus, i want you to do that more often." he smiles. "although, your face is as red as mine, i'm sure."

"shut up ethan dolan." i roll my eyes. "i'm gonna take a shower, and you're gonna take one-"

"with you?"

"um, no." i raise my eyebrow. "after me." ethan groans loudly, but laughs afterwards.

i start grabbing clothes that i would put on after my shower. "okay sweetheart. where are we going?"

"walmart. uncle todd needs bandaids, and we better hurry up so he doesn't get suspicious."

he looks at me blankly. "sorry, i stopped listening after you said uncle todd." i hit ethan on his shoulder and walk towards the bathroom.

"i'm joking! but he's going to have a reason to be suspicious! i've got things planned while we're on our little trip." i could hear the smirk in his voice even though i was walking away from him. oh boy, i'm not sure if i'm ready for what he's got up his sleeve.

L I F E G U A R D

oh hi didn't see you there