5: Reece and The Violinist

*** for Unnie, Grazie***

Naglakad pa siya at 5 metro mula sa kinatatayuan niya, kitang kita niya ang "The Violinist"..

Pero ibang-iba ito sa na-iimagine niya..

Henri is not the Henri, he imagined...

Ang alam niya lalaki din si Henri, kagaya niya at ni Luca..

But, infront of him is not a man, "but the most beautiful woman he ever laid his eyes on"..

The Violinist is not a man but a very beautiful woman, drenched in the moonlight..

Parang napatda sa kinatatayuan niya si Reece, he can't move his legs.. He's mesmerized by the beauty in front of him...

Henri's hair being blown by the wind.. and her silhouette, drenched in the moonlit night..

Nang matapos tumugtog si Henri, saka lang natauhan si Reece, at nagtago siya sa malapit na corner..

Aalis na sana siya nang marinig niyang magsalita si Henri..

"I know you're there"... her voice so soft.. like music to his ears..

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you".. Reece tried to reason with her... Lumabas na siya sa pinagtataguan niya..

"No harm done. How's Luca?" tanong nito sa kanya..

"He's in his room, wasted" Reece replied in a humourless tone..

"Poor Luca".. at bumuntong hininga si Henri..

"Maiwan na kita" pagpapaalam ni Reece..

"Do you mind staying with me for a while?"..

How could he say YES...

At lumabas sila nang hall pumunta sa veranda.. maliwanag doon kaya kitang kita ni Reece ang kagandahan nang inaakala niyang lalaki dati..

"By the way I'm Henriquetta Dansk ,you can call me Henri, finally we meet", Henri introduced herself with wry humour..

"I'm Reece Daniel Mori, it's a pleasure to meet you"

"Luca, told me that you call me "The Violinist. Do you know that Albert Einstein is also a Violinist? I really hope you don't mind me playing"..

"Not at all.. Pero hindi kasi nabanggit sa akin ni Luca, that you are a Lady.. Ang buong akala ko lalaki si Henri, lalaki ka.."

And Henri laughed.. It's crisp but wry..

"Disappointed that I'm a girl, Mr. Mori?"

"Nah, with that beautiful face of yours, I'll be very disappointed if you're a guy"..

At nakita ni Reece ang paglambong nang mukha ni Henri.. Her face full of anguish, he can even feel his own heart breaking...

"So Luca didn't tell you anything about me then", biglang nagsalita si Henri

"Actually, he mumbles a lot when his drunk"

"We both lost the people we care about in that unfortunate accident, Ariah, Luca's fiancée and Quinn my fiancé", pain crossed Henri's face. Did Luca tell you the series of unfortunate events in this house?"

Umiling lang si Reece..

"They say that it's easier to tell your tales to a complete stranger so let me tell you.. 5 Months ago, Luca came home with Ariah, he hired her to be Mom's private nurse. You see, mom had  heart condition. But unfortunately it's not her heart condition that killed her, she fell from the staircase. Two days after Mom died, Dad suffered a severe heart attack and died on the Spot", paliwanag ni Henri while tears are falling from her face..

In Reece's mind, he wanted to wipe her tears. Parang siya din nasasaktan sa bawat patak nang luha ni Henri..

Nagpatuloy magkuwento si Henri. "Pumunta kaming lahat sa kabilang Isla, para isaboy ang mga abo nang Mama't Papa.. Nagpaiwan ako pati si Luca, kaya si

Ariah at si Quinn ang sabay umuwi and tumaob yung bangka na sinasakyan nila.. Their bodies nowhere to be found.. We searched for days and days until the

rescuers gave up."

"I'm really sorry, Henri", ginagap ni Reece ang kamay ni Henri..

"The person I am more sorry for is Luca, alam ko he's in pain and that's because of me who still can't move on and won't let go..Si Luca lang ang maituturing

kong pamilya. He's more than a cousin, he's more like a brother and a father to me".

"Kung ayaw mo siyang masaktan, ipagpatuloy mo ang buhay mo.. Paanong hindi siya masasaktan kung nakikita ka niyang nasasaktan"..

"I don't know how", a confused look on Henri's pretty face..

"Begin with a little smile on your face.. Lumabas ka nang kuwarto mo.. Lumabas ka nang villa" sagot ni Reece na nakangiti.. Live your Life, for Luca..And besides, sa ganda mong yan, maraming magkakandarapang mapaibig ka..."

"Someone like you perhaps?", prangkang tanong ni Henri..

Nagulat si Reece but he replied with a smile "I'm in a Relationship"...

"Well, that's a Relief".. sagot naman ni Henri smiling this time..

They sat together in contemplative silence..

"It's getting late.. Magpahinga ka na", sabi sa kanya ni Henri..

"Yeah, ikaw din", sagot naman ni Reece..

Naglalakad na siya nang tawagin siya ulit ni Henri, "Reece, thanks for taking care of Luca and for lending an ear"

He can see sincerity on her face and her voice..

Reece nodded and he left...

That night, Reece didn't get enough sleep.. He tossed and turn, thinking of the beautiful violinist'...

While Henri had a peaceful night for the very first time...

video: SMile--- glee version

JessicaaRamoss