12: The Violinists' Pain and Smile..

Written all over the Violinist's face is the pain she had been and she's still going through.

Reece can see that hidden from her Pretty Face is a scarred person hiding behind that tiny smile which doesn't even reach her eyes. Hidden from her strong facade is a vulnerable woman, braving the weathering storm of life.

It would have been a very silent chopper ride if Reece didn't break his silence, "If Quinn were alive, will I ever see your real smile?".

Lumingon sa kanya si Henri with forlorn eyes, "if he were alive, for sure I'd be more miserable"..

Her cryptic answer hit home for Reece... "Henri knew about the affair of Quinn and Ariah"..

Reece reached for her hand and held it tightly. Hindi naman nagprotesta si Henri, any moment she knew she'll be breaking down in tears. Not for her, but for Luca. Playing the violin is her way of coping with her own guilt, her own loneliness, her own hopelessness.

Things changed a bit when Reece came to the picture, he's like a breath of fresh air for Luca and her. But sometimes no matter how much you run away from the past, memories will come back to eat you slowly.

"I'm here Henri, Luca and I, we're here for you", Reece tried to ease her pain.

Henri smiled bitterly, "I know, and I'm really thankful having you around. You don't know how much Luca and I needed someone to keep us sane. Hindi ko na alam kung paano ako makakabayad sa laki nang utang na loob namin sa yo".

"Hindi naman ako Bombay, naniningil nang 5-6, ipagluto mo lang ako nang dinner at kantahan puwede na", Reese replied with his heart.

"Sige, pagbalik mo ipagluluto kita, pagtiyagaan mo lang ha, lalo na ang boses ko", Henri smiled.

"According to Luca, masarap ka magluto, and magaling kumanta, you really are adorable you know that?", natatawang sagot ni Reece.

"Ibinenta na pala ako ni Luca eh", and Henri for the first time smiled with her heart, reaching her eyes.

One smile and Reece's heart became erratic. Hindi pa niya nararamdaman ang ganito sa lahat nang naging girlfriends niya, not even with Sam. Maybe it's her forlorn look, it's her tragic story, it's her beautiful face..

He was still holding her hand nang i-announce nang chopper pilot na palapag na sila. Yeah, Reece knew it's time to let go of the hand his holding..

Bago sila bumaba mulas Rooftop nang hotel kinausap ni Henri si Reece.

"Have I ever thanked you for coming into our lives? If not, I'm expressing my deepest gratitude now 'Thank You for being you Reece Daniel Mori' and she gave him a kiss on his cheek. It's just a friendly thank you kiss but Reece's happiness is up to Cloud 9. And they exchanged smiles at each other.

"Ipapahatid na lang kita sa Service Car nang hotel, you can seat by the waiting area for a while", alok ni Henri dito.

"Nah, don't bother. I'm taking a cab"

"Oh no You won't, you're not just an employee, you're Luca's friend, you're my friend", nakangiting sagot ni Henri.

At bago nakasagot si Reece,

"Henriquetta?"

Sabay pang napalingon si Reece at si Henri sa tumawag nang pansin nila. It's Rafael Carter (Rafa's dad in Meet ang Girlfriend kong Maton)

"Tito Paeng, it's good to see you. How's Rafa?" tanong ni Henri kay Mr. Carter.\

"It's good to see you too. Nasa Batangas siya ngayon, nagbabakasyon. When was the last time you saw each other anyway?", balik tanong ni Mr. Carter.

"It was Beatriz's Wedding, tito Paeng I'd like you to meeet.. " bago pa naituloy ni Henri ang sasabihin..

"Daniel, hijo you're looking good. I'm with your Dad. I know him hija. Anyway, may conference kami ngayon so let's catch up later", paumahin ni Mr. Carter.

"Sure tito, no problem", sagot naman ni Henri na nagtataka na kakilala nito si Reece.

"Err Tito, you said you're with dad where is he?", may pag-aalangan sa boses ni Reece. Parang batang nakabasag at ayaw umamin..

"Hai, imasu"* (Yes, I'm here) may nagsalita mula sa likuran nila.

"Otosama"* (father), "Ikaga desu ha" (How are You?)

"Genki desu" (I'm fine). You look well, Son., nakangiting sagot nang Papa ni Reece while patting his son's shoulder.

"By the way, I'd like you to meet Henriquetta Dansk, she's Luca's cousin", pagpapakilala ni Reece kay Henri. "Henri, this is my Dad, Shiro Mori"

"Nice to meet you Mr. Mori" bati ni Henri.

"Call me, Tito Shiro hija, masyadong pormal ang Mr. Mori" sagot nang matandang Mori. "Kanoko wa bijin desu" *(She is pretty), dagdag nang matandang Mori sabay tingin kay Reece.

"Papa, she's fluent in Nihongo", mahina pero dinig nilang lahat ang sinabi ni Reece.

Napangiti tuloy si Henri and nag-blush at the same time.

"Kumpadre, sila ni Rafa ko ang magkasama sa Japan noon", paliwanag ni Mr. Carter.

"Really, Gomen nasai *(Excuse me) hija, but you really are pretty. Di ba Reece?", tanong ni Mr. Mori sa anak.

"Papa naman", sita ni Reece sa ama. Alam nito ang ipinapahiwatig nito, He wants Henri to be his daughter in law.

Nag-uusap pa sila nang may biglang lumapit, "Mga Kumpadre, mag-uumpisa na ang Conference", anunsyo nito.

"Venny, I'd like you to meet my son, Daniel and this is Henriquetta Dansk", pagpapakilala ni Mr. Mori sa kanila. "This is our good friend Venancio Amclar"

"Hello sir, nice to meet you", sabay na sagot nang dalawa.

"Too formal, call me Tito Venny, kumpadre you're gaining a pretty daughter in law here", biro ni Mr. Amclar kay Mr. Mori.

"Ah, hindi po kami nasa ganoong relasyon Tito", sagot naman ni Reece. "Sige na po, mag-uumpisa na ang conference, punta na kayo", pagtataboy ni Reece sa mga ito.

It was subtle pero napapailing na napapangiti na ang "Oldie Trio".

Nagtataka na tuloy sina Henri at Reece, do they really look like a couple?

Papunta na ang mga ito sa Conference Room nang hotel nang "Hija, do you have plans for the night after tomorrow? tanong ni Mr. Mori."

Henri shook her head..

"Then you'll be Daniel's date" sagot nang matanda while giving Reece a wink at nagpatuloy na ito sa paglalakad.

Napatingin si Henri kay Reece sabay, "Date?"

youtube: the way you are

by david choi and Kina Grannis

kinagrannis