11: The violinist is playing yet another lonely tune

*unnie, yung usapan natin.. Grazie..*

Isang buwan na si Reece sa Isla and as he expected almost everyday nang nasa Villa si Duke.

Luca thinks Duke is a good influence on Henri dahil madalas na itong lumalabas and she's finally up to taking care of the family businesses.

She's laughing, she's smiling and lahat yun nasaksihan ni Reece with a heavy heart.

"You feel like talking about it?", tanong ni Luca kay Reece. You've been really quiet this past few days"

"Luca, it's a weekend tomorrow, I'm planning to go back to the city" pahayag ni Reece.

"Sure, I'll have the chopper arranged. You can take the whole week off", Luca agreed. Alam niyang kailangan ni Reece ang bakasyon ngayon, he's been distracted lately.

"Thanks, man", Reece replied.

Reece is planning to see Sam to end their relationship. The attraction he's feeling for Henri's getting stronger and stronger. And it's not just an attraction,  He's in love with her.

Over dinner, napag-usapan nila ang pag-alis ni Reece..

"Tomorrow, sabay na ko, pupunta rin ako sa hotel", lahad ni Henri.

"Oo nga pala, what time are you leaving?", tanong ni Luca.

"10 Am perhaps?", sagot ni Henri.

"Are you sure, you're going alone? I mean I could come with you' prisinta  ni Luca.

'I can manage Luca, thanks", and she looked at him adorably.

All the while tahimik lang si Reece..

"So Reece, one week ka ring mawawala. Hope you enjoy your vacay. Namimiss mo na siguro si Sam, ano?", Henri teased.

"Yeah, you could say that", Reece replied coldly. "You'll be the one I'll surely miss terribly" he added internally.

"If you don't mind me asking, how long already,  You and Sam?", tanong ni Henri, politely.

"Three months pa lang", sagot ni Reece.

"Oh, and you haven't seen her in a month", sympathetic ang tono ni Henri. "Luca, you should have told me", sita ni Henri sa pinsan.

"It's not necessary. Besides, in a relationship trust is the most important thing. Even if you might love each other but there's no trust, the relationship will go nowhere", Reece explained.

And the table was filled with silence..

Si Henri ang unang nagsalita: "Excuse me, I'm going to retire early".

"Henri, you're not finish yet", sita ni Luca rito.

Henri gave Luca a stoic look before bidding him "Good night". Then she kissed Luca's cheek and ascended to her room..

"Excuse me" paalam ni Luca kay Reece sabay tayo.

Gusto nitong kausapin ang pinsan, tanungin kong bakit biglang nag-iba ang mood nito pero pinigilan siya ni Reece.

"Don't you think it's time for her to know the truth, Luca", tanong ni Reece dito.

"What truth?", naguguluhang tanong ni Luca.

"About Quinn and Ariah", bulong ni Reece.

Bago pa nakasagot si Luca,  pumailanlang sa ere ang isa na namang napakalungkot na musika.. The violinist is playing yet another lonely tune..

***

Henri's silence's been bugging Luca and Reece. She didn't say a single word over breakfast.

Papunta na sila sa Helipad nang:

"About last night, if I offended you I apologize, I'm sorry Henri", paumanhin ni Reece.

"Actually you're right, if there's no love and then there's no trust everything will end up in the trash. When you keep loving and trusting the wrong people, you'll end up getting hurt. Like removing both your legs and your limbs", Henri replied emotionless.

Tiningnan lang ito ni Reece, not knowing what to tell her.

"All my life I trusted and loved the wrong people. Right now, Luca's the only one I've got.  I'd rather die than lose him too", Henri replied teary eyed this time but with a menacing tone and an impish smile.

Reece tried to reach for her face, when..

"Hey, what's up?, it's Luca. Both Henri and Reece were silent, so he noticed something was off. He noticed the redness of Henri's eyes.

"What happened?", he asked Reece.

"It's nothing Luca. Promise me, you'll take care of yourself. Eat on time", sagot ni Henri dito before giving him a hug.

"Hey, it's just two days. You should eat on time and sleep. You didn't take your violin, did you?", Luca replied cheerfully.

"No, we have a grand piano in the hotel", Henri replied smiling. "You're going to the orchard"?, she asked.

"Yeah, but I have to check the Ranch first", he replied. "Take care of her", bilin din nito kay Reece bago sila sumakay sa kotse papuntang helipad.

"I will", Reece replied.

Nasa chopper na sila when Henri's words echoed in Reece's mind 'I trusted and Loved the wrong people'.

There's something disturbing about her way of saying it "Does that mean she knew all along about Quinn and Ariah?", he thought.

youtube; eternal love

blacksheep806