15: The Reason why The Violinist's play..

"That's the best painkiller I've ever tasted", komento ni Reece pagkatapos nilang maglunch ni Henri.

"I know what you're going through right now Reece, you don't need to pretend on my benefit", si Henri habang palabas na sila nang Bistro papuntang lobby nang hotel.

"I'm not smiling for your benefit Henri. I'm sure you can see and feel my sincerity. Like I said, nandito ako to end it with Sam. Well, her cheating was unexpected. I have a bruised ego but so what the world keeps revolving, right?", mahabang paliwanag ni Reece.

Henri fathomed what he meant. He maybe hurt but it's not the end of the world.

"May isang oras pa di ba bago matapos ang conference?", tanong ni Henri dito.

"Yeah, you have something in mind", Reece teased her.

"Yeah, 'something that expresses which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent'", Henri quoted.

"Music, Victor Hugo", Reece replied.

"I'm impress" Henri's face says it all.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.  ~Victor Hugo", Reece quoted.

"So let's express the feelings we can't say, shall we?" yaya sa kanya ni Henri.

Pumasok sila sa isang Grand Ball Room and Open Restaurant. Elegance all ove the room with gardens on the sides.

"This is where your parents will be celebrating, maganda ba?", si Henri habang nililibot niya nang tingin ang buong hall.

"Very beautiful indeed", sagot naman ni Reece na sa kanya nakatingin.

She smiled at him not knowing that the compliment was for her. She extended her hand to his and he reached for hers. At that moment, Reece felt like the world really stopped revolving and there's just the sound of their hearts beating. He thought that it only happens in the movies but it did happen.

"Reece, are you alright?", tawag sa kanya ni Henri. And finally he snapped out of it.

"Come on, there's the piano", sabay hila sa kanya ni Henri. "Sinabi sa akin ni Luca that you can play the piano."

Nakaupo na si Henri sa piano chair pero nakatayo pa rin si Reece. Alam niyang pinapasaya lang siya ni Henri, pero gusto rin niyang mapasaya ito.

"Osuwari (Sit)", utos sa kanya nito.

So he did, like a child umupo siya sa tabi nito.

"Daniel Reece Mori, play for me", Henri requested.

"Anong tutugtugin ko?", tanong niya rito.

"We have some pieces here, if you like you can choose or you can play anything you want", Henri's voice excited.

He scanned the pieces and he choosed one "Kiss the Rain by Yiruma".

*******

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6ExplQlaY

xXYuNPoOXx

******

Then he started to press the keys of the piano.

All the while He's playing he noticed Henri's face turned gloomy. He wanted to stop but he decided not to. Sometimes people need to face problems head on to go on with life. He wanted Henri to feel her pain and maybe one day she can let go too.

"It's a really beautiful piece, sad but beautiful", the teary eyed Henri told him while clapping.

"Oscar Wilde said 'Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory', now I understand why you always play  the Violin", Reece said while wiping away her tears. You miss him?", he asked.

"Who?", sagot naman ni Henri.

"Si Quinn", prangkang sagot ni Reece. What was he like?"

"He's a sweet gentle fellow. He's always there for me", Henri smiled. "You've met Duke, he's like him when he was still alive. Always smiling, bright as the sun".

"So, Duke reminds you of him?" tanong niya ulit.

"Yeah, and they're good friends so", sagot naman ni Henri.

"So you like Duke", deklara ni Reece. Waiting for the bomb of truth to explode in his face.

"I do" she replied.

And for the second time, Reece's world stopped revolving. The truth is out, Henri likes Duke. Wala na talaga siyang pag-asa pa.

"I do like him as a friend", Henri added.

And Reece was like: "What?"

"You were thinking I was in love with Duke right?", she asked.

Napakamot tuloy sa ulo si Reece. "Are you?"

"No, there's someone who occupies my heart already", sagot ni Henri.

"I see, Quinn", Reece replied without looking at her.

Hindi na nga niya kayang makipagkumpetensiya sa buhay, how can he compete with a Dead Man.

He was too busy with his thoughts na hindi na niya nakita ang paglambong nang mukha ni Henri while looking at him intently.

*****

A/N: The reason why I choose Kiss the Rain for this chapter, is not about really kissing the Rain, it's about crying in the rain. Wherein it washes every teardrop like you never really cried.

Losing someone you love is the most painful feeling. Losing yourself in the process is devastating..

Cry in the Rain if you must.. Love is about trust.. Even if you're hurt at some point in your life, Love again.

Mahalo for reading..

TE 88