Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

And that's how the day ends with me singing several songs for my fellow Gladers. Even though we're stuck here and I'm the only girl, I'm happy...

'This is my home... And they're my family' I thought smiling.

-It's Coming Back-

Y/N P.O.V

Today I'll be trying out every job to see which suits me. First I'll be trying slicers, which basically dealing with cutting and skinning the animal. Which I don't really mind.

But I didn't think it's the job for me. Next cook. In charge in the kitchen preparing meals for the fellow Gladers. That's basically what I've been doing all day trying out jobs.

I've try every job. All except Runner. Newt told me to take a break since I've been going back and fort around the Glade and think which job I wanna be in. I went to the lake and sit there.

I heard footstep behind me I turn to see Newt. I smile at him. "Hey Y/N" "hey" "so... Have you decide what job you wanna be in?" "Not really. I mean I haven't try all of it" he stayed silent. "I haven't tried runner yet" "forget it, Y/N. Being a runner is too risky" "I believe you. But maybe I like the thrill" "still... I won't let you" "why not?" "I don't want you getting hurt" that made my heart skip a beat. Newt... Care for me?

"But I wanna try it" I give my best puppy dog eyes to him. Making him blush and look away. "Pretty pretty Pleasee~" "stop it Y/N" "just let me try once. If I don't like it I won't choose it" "and if you like it?" "Then I'll be a runner" "no" I sigh and look forward. I know no matter how much I beg he won't let me.

There's a place
That I know
It's not pretty there and
A few have ever gone

If I show it to you now
Will it make you run away
Or will you stay?
Even if I try to push you out
Will you return?
And remind me who I really am
Please remind me who I really am

I subconsciously started singing. I kept singing. At first I'm only using a soft voice. "Sing louder Y/N?" Newt requested me. I comply.

Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?
Like a diamond
From black dust
It's hard to know
It can become
If you give up
So don't give up on me
Please remind me who I really am
Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?
Don't run away
Don't run away
Just tell me that you will stay
Promise me you will stay
Don't run away
Don't run away
Just promise me you will stay
Promise me you will stay
Will you love me? Ohh
Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?

Once I'm done I heard clapping not one but many. I turn around to see the others. "Woah did I sing that loud?" "Not really. Just enough to make us hear you" "oh"

"I'll never get bored with your singing, Y/N" Newt said and everyone nod in agreement. "So have you decide which job you want yet?"  "I wanna try being a runner" everyone stare at me as if I grew a second head.

"You have a dead wish" Alby said. "*shrug* maybe. I just wanna try. I wanna see how dangerous it is." Alby stood there thinking for a moment. "Fine. You'll do the tryout of being a runner tomorrow" I squealed and hug Alby. I was too happy that I didn't notice a certain blond boy glaring at Alby.

Newt P.O.V

I should be the one hugging Y/N. Wait why did I even care? Am I falling for her? It can't be she's here for just a week. Or maybe it can. Maybe I am. I'm falling for Y/N. I won't let the others gets her first. I'll make her mine soon.

Time-skip the Next Day

Y/N P.O.V

Today's the day. I'll be trying out being a Runner. To be honest... I'm really nervous. Right now I'm standing in front of the gate together with Newt and Minho. I'll be running with Minho.

"Be careful out there, yeah?" Newt said. My heart skip a beat as I look at him. His eyes held the fear. As if he's afraid of loosing me. Is the maze that dangerous? "I will. Don't worry Newt."

"Okay. Let's not waste anymore time and start running" Minho exclaim. "Okay" Minho get a head start. I was about to run after him when a hand grab my wrist making me yelp. Minho must have heard me since he stop.

I turn to see it was Newt. "What is it, Newt?" "Promise me you'll come back" "I promise. Why are you seem off today, Newt?" "Sorry... It's just that... Um" "Newt we don't have all day. If you want to say something but can't. Wait until I get back okay?" "*sigh* okay" I then turn and run after Minho. "What was that all about" "I don't know either"

We've been running for like hours. "Come on, Y/N. Let's call it a day and head back" "yeah" we run towards the Glade. After a while of running we finally able to see the Glade. There's everyone standing there.

"There they are" I heard someone said. Then we heard the sound of clicking. "Shuck, it's about to close. Faster Y/N" Minho said running faster.

Minho reach the Glade safely. I try my hardest to reach there in time but I tripped and fell down. "Come on Y/N. Get up!!" Everyone yelled. Trying to encourage me.

I got up but fell back down from the pain in my ankle "I can't I think I twist my ankle" "yes you can. Come on" I stood back up. I try my best running. But the gate closed. "Shuck. Looks like I'm stuck here the night" I say to myself and start walking looking for a place to hide. The Glader have told me about the Griever.

As I continue to walk I heard the sound of clicking it sounds like machine. I turn to see an animal with machine. 'Is that a Griever?' I thought and turn around to start running.

After a while of running, I came to a dead end. I was about to run back but the Griever is already there and it's coming to me fast. I just close my eyes and extend my hand, my palm pointing at the Griever hoping to stop it. I wait for the impact but it never come. I open my eyes and shock at the sight. The Griever is frozen. 'How?' I thought baffled.

Time-skip

It's morning and I start running towards the Glade. I've memorised every turn of the Maze. After a while of running I finally see the Glade.

I kept running and finally reach there and collapse to the ground. 'What was that? What's happening to me?' Was what on my mind as everything turned black. The last thing I remembered was the others running towards me. And newt cradling me in his arms "Y/N. Wake up" he yelled. Then everything turn black.

*to be continued*

A/N: that's it for this chapter. It's already too Long. I don't wanna get you bored. So I'm gonna stop right here. Don't worry it's not the end of the story. Our journey is still long. Bye!!!