Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

"Is he calm yet?" I turn to see Newt. "Yeah he's calm enough" I turn to the greenie. "If I open this door. Don't you dare run away" "okay" I open it and let Newt handle the rest. Since its late I went to take a shower and put on my night clothes.

I went to my hammock and lay down. Slowly falling asleep.

-Greenie's Name-

Y/N P.O.V

The Glade is busy as usual. The boys is preparing for the Bon fire tonight for the greenie's arrival. They don't let me help saying I should just work on the garden because the work they're doing is for boys only. So I just went along with it, seeing there's no way I could win against 20 boys. But I have to babysit the greenie. I'm working on the garden while he's sitting near a stump watching me.

While working I can feel his gaze on me. I turn to him and he immediately look away. "You suck at pretending, greenie" I giggle as his face turned scarlet. "S-sorry I didn't mean to stare" "it's fine... I'm used to it" he just look down looking tensed. "Relax a little will you? I understand you're scared... We all do, the first time we arrived here. We won't hurt you so... don't worry" he start to look slightly relax and smile at me, I smile back. "So... You remember your name yet?" He just shook his head. "Aww... Don't worry, you will... soon" I say as I stood up and went to sit next to him taking a short break. He tensed for a bit then relax.

"I heard from everyone that you could sing... Can you sing for me?" I turn to him. He looks shy. I giggle "sure thing, greenie" I took a deep breath and start singing.

Musing through memories,
Losing my grip in the grey.
Numbing the senses,
I feel you slipping away.
Fighting to hold on,
Clinging to just one more day
Love turns to ashes,
With all that I wish I could say.

I'd die to be where you are.
I tried to be where you are.

[Chorus:]
Every night, I dream you're still here.
The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear.
When I awake, you'll disappear,
Back to the shadows
With all I hold dear.
I dream you're still here.

I keep singing with eyes closed savouring the song. I didn't notice the other Glader stop what they're doing and just listen to my singing. The greenie stare at me in awe.

Hidden companion
Phantom be still in my heart
Make me a promise that
Time won't erase us
That we were not lost from the start.

I'd die to be where you are
I tried to be where you are

[Chorus]

I dream you're still here,
Ever slightly out of reach.
I dream you're still here,
But it breaks so easily.
I try to protect you,
I can't let you fade.

I feel you slipping.
I feel you slipping away.

[Chorus]

I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
Ever slightly out of reach.

I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
But it breaks so easily.

Once the songs over everyone clap their hands startling me. They all cheered for me. "Nice voice Y/N" "yeah I'll never get tired of you singing" "it's awesome" I just cover my face with my hand. It's embarrassing. I felt someone wrap their arm around my shoulder. I look up to see Newt. I blushed darker. These passed few days my feelings grow stronger for him. "You have a beautiful voice, love" I blushed darker if that's possible. He just called me love.

"Aww~ I think you could put tomatoes into shame Y/N. You're so red" "alright! Enough with the teasing" I yelled and they scampered off. I huffed and just continue with works.

Time-skip

It's finally night time. Time for the bonfire to start. The ritual is still the same just as I did and the greenie threw the torch to the wood that soon burst into flame. "Let the fun begin!" Alby yelled. We all cheered.

I just sit in the wooden stump after getting tired from dancing around with the fellow gladers. I notice there's a circle formed. It's Gally as usual will challenge the others to fight. I stood up and walk towards the circle. Gally of course is winning. The greenie is also standing there watching the fight. Suddenly someone pushed him to the center of the circle.

"Alright! Come on greenie" "stop calling me that" "then what do you want me to call you? Shank?" He Attack Gally and he dodge causing him to face-planted. "I think Imma call you shank" everyone laugh at that. At full speed the greenie Attack Gally making Gally stumble. He looks mad and push the greenie making him land hard and hit his head.

"Thomas..." The greenie whispers. "What?" We all say. "It's Thomas! My name! Thomas!" We stayed quite. "Thomas!!" Alby cheered. We all soon join the cheering. I walk towards Gally "wow your push trigger him to remember his name. Who would've thought" I giggle and he just chuckle with me. I manage to warm up with Gally. Everyone else here treats me like a friends, family...

That's how the night are spent. The bonfire is fun. But what we all really want is to leave this place and see the outside world and be free.

Hopefully soon....

*to be continued*

A/N: alright! That's it for this chapter. Let me know what you guys think. And tell me if you want me to write it even longer and I'll do so. More chapter will be coming. See ya!!!