Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

"Thomas..." The greenie whispers. "What?" We all say. "It's Thomas! My name! Thomas!" We stayed quite. "Thomas!!" Alby cheered. We all soon join the cheering. I walk towards Gally "wow your push trigger him to remember his name. Who would've thought" I giggle and he just chuckle with me. I manage to warm up with Gally. Everyone else here treats me like a friends, family...

That's how the night are spent. The bonfire is fun. But what we all really want is to leave this place and see the outside world and be free.

-Archery-

Y/N P.O.V

Wake up.... Work.... Lunch.... Sleep. This are our everyday routine. It's getting boring, nothing new happen. But that's the routine we come to get used to. I'm working with Newt as usual with Thomas too. He decided to work with us in the garden.

It's been over a month since I've entered the maze. But what happens back then is still fresh in the back of my mind, like it just happens yesterday. I'm working on harvesting on tomatoes. But I can't concentrate. When a sharp pain hit my left arm. I look down to see my blood flowing down the new cut I've created by accident. "Y/N!! Oh my god. You're bleeding badly" Newt exclaims next to me. "We gotta get you to Med-jacks" Thomas said. He pick me up and start running to the Med-jacks.

Once we're there Thomas slam the door open with his foot. "Clint! Jeff! Y/N's injured" they come to my aid. I just look at Thomas "you know... I'm injured on my arm not leg. I can still walk. You don't have to carry me just now" I giggle as his face turn scarlet. "Sorry.... I just panic" "well.... Thank you for your concern though" I giggle. Newt soon arrived. He came up and sit next to me in the Med-jack bed. He place his hand on my non injured hand. While Clint is tending on my wound. "There all done, be careful next time, shank" he said jokingly. "Yeah... Yeah... Thanks Jeff" he just smile and went to tend another Glader that just came.

I look down deep in thought not noticing Newt trying to get my attention. Thomas left a while ago to continue his job. Newt kept waving his hand in front of my face. "/N.... Y/N! Y/N!!!" He scream the last one causing me to jump. "No need to scream *placing a hand on where your heart suppose to be* you gave me a heart attack" "well... Sorry. But, what's bothering you Y/N? You seem troubled lately" "it was nothing... Don't worry" "*sigh* you really make me worried, you know that?" "Yeah sorry. Anyway, let's get back to work" I stand up but Newt pushed me back down. I look at him confused "what's wrong?" "You're joking right?" "What do you mean?" "Y/N! You're bloody injured. You're doing nothing. Just stay here and rest" "Newt.... I'm fine. It's just a small cut. It's not big deal" "small cut? Small cut! It's bleeding badly a while ago Y/N! How is it a small cut" I just sigh and move to laying position. "Fine.... I'll rest" I close my eyes and drift of to nap.

When I wake up its around noon. I got bored just laying around. So I got up and walk around for a bit. I try to tell Newt that I'm okay so I could work again. But he said no. I came across the place Gally work as a builder. There's unused wood laying around. "Hey Gal!" He turn around and saw me. "Oh hey there, Y/N. How's your arm?" "How'd you know?" "Everyone knows. We are told to not let you work" "it's Newt isn't it?" He nod. "Typical..." I mumble. Apparently Gally still hear it though cause he let out a small laugh in return.

I then remember about the wood. "Hey Gal?" "Yeah?" "What happen to this wood?" I ask gesturing the wood. "Oh it's too short to build anything" "Can I have them then?" "What for?" "I don't know yet. But I'm sure something will come in mind" "well go ahead" "thanks" I took it and start walking deeper to the forest. I take a seat and laid the wood next to me. 'Hmm what can I do with them?' I thought looking at the wood. 'Oh I know!' I took out my knife that I kept with me just in case I needed self-defence, then start carving the wood.

After a while of carving it I'm finally done. I pull on the string that I found laying around to check if it's strong enough.

(I know there's no archery in The Maze Runner

(I know there's no archery in The Maze Runner. But just go along with it. It's boring if everyone make the story according to the movie. I want to make a variety. Alright! Back to the story!)

I've created a bow. It's better than knife. I can shoot the enemy before it gets close. Maybe I can give it to the runner. So they can defence themselves before the Griever gets to them. I proceed to make some arrow.

Then a tube for to place the arrows

Then a tube for to place the arrows. Cause there's no way we could walk around without the tube.

(With or without pattern

(With or without pattern. Your choice!)

And my project is done. I went to test it out to see if it works good. I brought some apples with me. I place it on a tree and prepare my archery. I aim for it and shot. 'Bullseye!' I thought smiling. I look at my piece of work and smile. "It works perfectly" then it's started raining. I run back to the Glade. Once I reach there I was instantly approached by Newt. "Where were you? I was worried" "sorry" he then notice my archery. "Where'd you get that?" "I made them" "you made them?" He looks surprise. "Yupp! I just thought they would be better than knifes" I notice Alby and Minho hasn't back yet.

We all gather in front of the Maze entrance. Soon they come into view, but something is wrong Minho is dragging Alby who seems badly injured. They're not gonna make it the door is going to close. The next thing I know is Thomas running forward and I followed. Newt tried to stop us. The gate is closing fast. We finally when through and it closed.

'Well looks like I'm stuck in the maze.... Again'

*to be continued*

A/N: hey guys! Really hope you like this story. I just change the story from the original, sorry about that. But I just wanna add my own version to the story. Thank you for reading. More parts coming up. Bye!!