Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

Once dinner is done. We get ready to sleep. Newt move my hammock closer to his. I lay on my hammock, Newt come to me and place a soft kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, love. Have a sweet dream. I love you" he say with a smile. "Good night Newt. You too and I love you too" I say with a soft smile. He lay on his hammock too and held my hand. We slowly drift of to sleep.

Today.... Is the day for a new relationship to blossom. Between the two Glader.

-Memories-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since Newt and I started dating. The other Glader kept teasing us whenever we're near each other. Some of the Glader also admit that they're jealous. But I couldn't blame them, after all I'm the only girl around.

These days I can't help but notice something weird. I keep practising on my archery and it's getting better each day. But I notice everytime I shot the arrow there's always sparks, like I trigger something. But what? I never know.

I'm taking a break from the work. I'm sitting near a lake. I keep watching the ripple of the water. I close my eyes and a flash of images came through.

Flashback

1st image:
I was 5. Playing around in the garden. There's water around me following the movement of my hands.

2nd image:
I was older. Around 13. I use fire to get the people away. They seem to try and take me away.

3rd image:
This is me before I'm here. Tube around me and people wearing all white. There's oxygen on my mouth. They're injecting something to me. The last thing I remember is the person said something. But I couldn't make out what the person said. Then everything else is a blur.

Then all the images ends

After the flashback

I snap out of it. What was that? Is that a memory? What did I do with the water? Why is it following my hands movement.

To know if it's just an imagination or a memory I decided to test it out. But I made sure no one was around me, cause I don't want them to be creeped out if it's real. I stood up and take a deep breath. I outstretch my hand and bring it down, before slowly bring it back up.

I was so shock when the water is following my hand movement. As I do so more images flashes in my mind. I start to remember everything. I'm able to control elements. Not only water. But air, fire and earth as well. But that's all I can remember nothing else. I keep doing water bending as I remember it when I heard someone calling me I instantly stop, letting the water drop.

"Y/N?"I turn to see Newt. "Oh hi Newt" I smile, trying to act normal. "Is everything okay?" "Yeah why'd you ask?" "N-nothing I was just worried. You've been gone for 2 hours. So I decided to come look for you" "really? That Long? So-sorry" he grab my hand "it's okay, at least you're doing fine. Don't make me worried again, 'Kay?" "Okay" I smile. He peck my lips and pull me. "Come on, let's head back now" then we walk towards the Glade.

The creator not only inject me to erase my memories. But it suppress my power too. Why should they do that? Everything else other than my power is a blur. Then all of the sudden I feel dizzy. It's so overwhelming. "Love?" I turn to Newt or who I think is Newt. But it has to be Newt cause only Newt called me Love. My sight is really blurry then everything turn black. The last thing I remember is Newt catching me.

Newt P.O.V

Y/N suddenly pass out. I catch her before she hits the ground. I pick her up and walk towards the Med-jack hut. "Clint! Jeff! Help, Y/N pass out" I yell for the two Med-jacks. They come right away "what happened?" Clint ask me. "I don't know myself. She just pass out all the sudden. Can you check her for me? I don't want anything happen to her" they start checking her. "She doesn't have any damage or injuries. She probably just tired. Let her rest for a bit and she'll be okay. Here... Once she wake up, let her take this medicine" he said handing me a pill. "Okay" I say taking it from him. "Thanks guys"

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up alone in the Med-jack hut. I feel weird on my hand. It's aching. I move it then a flicker of fire lights on. It turns into a flame burning the hut. "Help!!!" I scream on top of my lung, the door flung open revealing Thomas. "Y/N!! Hang in there, I'm coming" he come to me pick me up and ran outside.

Newt came, panic is evident in his face. He pulled me in a hug "are you okay? Are you hurt?" "I'm fine Newt, thanks to Thomas" Newt turn to Thomas "thanks for saving her Tommy, I owe you one" "what were you thinking, Newt!" Thomas yelled at Newt. "T-Tommy..." "Why'd you leave her alone? If I came late, she would.... She would" I was shock as Thomas started crying. I hug Thomas. Once he calmed I pulled away and move next to Newt and held his hand still looking at Thomas. "Thomas I'm okay... You don't have to blame Newt. It's not his fault. I started the fire" "how?" I stayed silent. I couldn't possibly tell them the that I control fire. "I was cold... So I start a small fire. But it fell of and started the big fire" I felt bad for lying. But I don't want them to see me as a freak. I'll tell them once the time is right. But now all I could think of is one think.

I'm a danger to the Glade. I have to do
something to stop it, before I hurt anyone

*to be continued*