Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Thomas I'm okay... You don't have to blame Newt. It's not his fault. I started the fire" "how?" I stayed silent. I couldn't possibly tell them the that I control fire. "I was cold... So I start a small fire. But it fell of and started the big fire" I felt bad for lying. But I don't want them to see me as a freak. I'll tell them once the time is right. But now all I could think of is one think.

I'm a danger to the Glade. I have to do
something to stop it, before I hurt anyone

-Attacked-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since the incident happen. I still can't believe I'm able to do all that. I have to think of a way to control it, I don't want that fire incident to happen again, or worse I could burn someone.

After the incident I always keep my distance from Newt, I don't wanna hurt him. I'm working on harvesting some vegetables. When I feel someone wrapping their arms around me. I jump because I wasn't expecting that. I turn around to see Newt with a sad expression. "Why are you avoiding me, Love?" "I'm sorry... I can't tell you" "why?" "It's complicated" "Y/N..." "Newt please..... I can't tell you. It'll change everything" I got up and ran away. I stopped near a lake and sit down. Tears start to stream down my face. I heard footsteps behind me. "Newt, I told you. Can you please leave me alone? I needed to be alone" I say without looking back. "This isn't Newt" I froze. I turn around to see one of the Gladers, James. He always make me feel uncomfortable, sometime I always caught him staring at me with a smirk in his face. Upon seeing him now I instantly stand up. "W-what do you want?" I ask-yell him. "You." "G-get away f-from me" he just take a step closer "no. I've waited too Long to be alone with you" I just start running. He grab me and I fell to the ground. He get on top while grabbing one of my arm and let the other free.

At this time I didn't care if anyone knows my secret. I just use air bending and push him away. He was shock for a moment before smirking "I always knew something was different about you. It drives me crazy even more" I run faster to make sure he can't catch up. I reach the Glade. "Help!!!" I scream on top of my lungs. The gladers heard and start running towards me. "Y/N! What's wrong" James came into view. "He.... He tried to do things to me" "I didn't!" "Look!" I say showing my at my bruised hand. Everyone looks mad. Newt step forward and grab him by the collar "how dare you lay a hand on my Girl?!" He yells at James. He looks scared. The maze is gonna close any minute, Newt drags James to the maze. "We all agree on one rule, banishment for those who hurt fellow Gladers" Newt said and everyone agree. He pushed James to the maze. He kept screaming until it muffled by the door closed shut.

I was still trembling scared. Newt come to me and pulled me in a hug, I flinched. "Shhh... It's okay, love. He's gone now. He won't do anything to you anymore" he pull away and wipe my tears that I just notice streaming down my face. I just hug him again. He held me close. I fall asleep in his arms.

Newt P.O.V

How dare he! Touching my Girl like that! I won't let anyone touch her again. I will protect her. I notice Y/N has fallen asleep. So I pick her up bridal style and take her to the home-stead. I laid her in her hammock to led the rest.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

When I woke up. I notice it's late. Then I heard footstep. I turn to see Newt with a worried expression. "Are you okay, love?" "Yeah.... I'm fine Newt.... Don't worry" I smile softly at him. He look relieved and pull me in a hug. I felt him placing a soft kiss on top of my head. "I'm glad to hear that baby" I blushed. He just called me baby.

He place his hand infront of me "come on love. It's time for dinner" my eyes widened "how Long was I out" "the whole day" "seriously?!" "Yup" he chuckle. I place my hand on top of his and walk together towards the dining place hand in hand.

When we reach there everyone instantly bombarded me with question "are you okay?" "Are you feeling sick?" "Are you hurt?" And more but Newt just shush them. "My girl is tired. Quit asking" they finally walk away. I giggle at his protectiveness. I grab my meal from Frypan. It's sandwich "thanks Fry" I say smiling. He smiled back "you're welcome cutie" I hear someone clear their throat I turn around to see Newt. "What is it I heard you're flirting with my girl, shank?" Frypan turn pale. I nudge Newt on his waist "no need to be that rude, he's just being nice" I scold him. He just pout. I giggle at his cuteness. I kiss his cheek and they turned scarlet and turn away hoping to hide his red face but failed miserably. "Don't worry about others. I'm yours and only yours, okay?" He look at and smile brightly "okay!" He say cheerfully. I just laugh at his sudden mood change.

After we finished eating we decided to call it a day and head to sleep. Before I enter the home-stead I feel someone grab my arm. I turn to see Newt "what is it Newt?" "Y/N... I know something is bothering you. If you don't wanna tell me, I understand. But if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm all ears, okay?" I smile at his sweetness and kissed him. We pulled away and enter the home-stead. I climb in my hammock. I felt someone place a soft kiss on top of my head I open my eyes to see Newt smiling softly. "Goodnight, Love. Have a sweet dreams. I love you" "I love you too. Goodnight... Newt" then I fall asleep.

I really need to do something before anything happens. I could really hurt people someday
I have to do something....

*to be continued*