Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

Then suddenly I heard a blood-curling scream from inside the maze and a roar I know too well.... The Griever. I dropped to my knees... Crying my eyes out "no.... Please..... Please.... No..... No!!!!!" I scream. I can't believe this..... She's gone. Y/N is gone.... and it's all because of me. I keep screaming. Until the others grab me and take me to the Med-jack hut. They tied me to the bed, but I keep struggling. After a while I just gave up and laid there crying. "She's gone.... Y/N... Is gone. Please wake me up from this nightmare" I say sobbing. All the other boys are crying as well. Exhaustion start to consume me. I fall asleep eventually, with endless tears in my eyes.

-Shock-

Newt P.O.V

It's been I don't know.... Week? I never think about the days. All I could think of is Y/N. I just can't believe that she's gone. Earlier today Minho and Thomas went to the Maze to search for her, hoping she would be alive somewhere inside the maze. But they came back with a bloody shreds of clothing..... Y/N's clothing. I had a mental breakdown after that. I collapse to the ground and roll up into a ball, crying my hearts out.

That's not the only thing they found, they also found a dead Griever. So the next day they went back to the maze to check it out. But I don't bloody care about that. I just wish Y/N is still here. I could hold her in my arms. I regret everything I do. I regret cheating on her with Teresa. She would've still be here with me if I didn't kiss Teresa back. 'I'm so sorry Y/N.... Please.... Tell me that you're still alive.... Please tell me it was only a nightmare... Please....' I thought crying.

I keep blaming myself. There's no other reason she would do this. She left because of me. Because I betray her. I regret it. I'd give anything to have her back. To have my Y/N back. I didn't even get to win her back. Didn't get to show her that I truly love her. 'Y/N.... I'm so sorry'

Time-skip

Minho and Thomas had return not too long ago. They bring what they believe is a key to leave this place. They even found what they claim to be a Griever's nest, they believe the way they in is our way out of here.

It was night time. We were all in chaos. Why? Because the bloody maze door isn't closing. Gally blamed Thomas for this. Ever since Y/N is gone he became more rude. Y/N is like the glue to us all. She always sort out fights, got along with everyone, even getting out Gally's soft side. Now that she's gone everything isn't the same anymore.

We hide inside the Home-stead hoping the Griever won't find us. But of course luck isn't with us when the Griever strike the hut destroying it. Everything went into chaos. We kept running around. I'm the slowest because of my limp. One of the Griever notice me and advancing towards me, seeing that I'm an easy target for it.

I try my best to keep running. But luck just seem to hate me. I trip and fall down. The Griever come closer and closer. I just close my eyes bracing myself for the pain I'll receive when the Griever got me. 'At least.... I'll be with Y/N again' I thought as a tear escape my eyes. But the impact never came, all I could hear is the Griever screaming in agony. I open my eyes. There's a silhouette in front of me. The Griever is on the ground burning to death. I look closer to the person as that person turn around, my eyes widened in shock. It's.... Y/N. She's alive! Y/N is alive?!

Y/N P.O.V

The door to the maze isn't closing. I know the Griever would enter the Glade soon or later so I start running towards the Glade. I was right. I look around to see who needs help the most and my eyes landed on Newt. He was just laying there and a Griever is advancing at him. I use airbender to help me run faster. I stop in front of him and grab prepare my archery. I shot and it burst into flame. I turn around to see Newt eyes widened. I went to help the others.

After a while I finally clean the Glade from any Griever. I was exhausted. I drop to the ground breathing heavily. I heart footsteps coming towards me. I look up to see everyone surrounding me. "Before you ask any questions let me take a break. I'm tired of battling those bloody Griever" after a while of rest I'm finally able to move again. I move into sitting position. "Okay... Ask away" I told them. "How are you still alive?"

"Well....

*to be continued*

A/N: cliff hanger!!!! Muahahhaaha😈 I'm so evil. What happen with Y/N? How is she still alive? The answer will be in the next chapter, so if you wanna know. Be patient and wait for the next chapter. Thank you for reading hope you like it. Leave a comment and rate my story if you like them. Thank you, bye!!!