Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

After a while I finally clean the Glade from any Griever. I was exhausted. I drop to the ground breathing heavily. I heart footsteps coming towards me. I look up to see everyone surrounding me. "Before you ask any questions let me take a break. I'm tired of battling those bloody Griever" after a while of rest I'm finally able to move again. I move into sitting position. "Okay... Ask away" I told them. "How are you still alive?"

"Well....

-The Truth-

Y/N P.O.V

Everyone is sitting around me waiting for me to start explaining. "Well.... Before I start the 'story', there's one thing you guys should know about me. I'm nothing like you guys...." They just stayed silent "I'm different. I have the ability to control elements. Fire.... Earth.... Air... Water" I mention each element while doing a mini demonstration. They all look at me wide eyed. "I just know.... During the first tryout of being a Runner...."

Flashback

I was running away from the Griever. When I end up in a dead end. I try to run back but the Griever is already there. I close my eyes bracing myself for the impact. I outstretch my hand palm facing the Griever wishing for it to stop. But nothing come. I open my eyes and shock of what's in front of me. The Griever... Was frozen.

End of Flashback

"I was so confused that time. I don't know the answer was me.... The next one happens on the Med-jack...."

Flashback

I was laying down in the Med-jack hut. When my hands started to ache. I move it around when a spark of fire coming out of my hand. It started with a small flame. Then it gets bigger and bigger..

End of Flashback

"So yeah.... The fire wasn't an incident, it was me. I didn't tell you guys because I'm scared of what you guys think of me. There also happen one time when I was chasing Thomas before he enters the maze...."

Flashback

The Greenie was running towards the maze. I start to chase after him without noticing I activate air bending making me run faster than ever....

End of Flashback

".... And that's how I actually run faster. After all that it didn't leave my mind at all. I try to get it out of my mind by making myself busy. But, nothing works. That was also the reason I avoids you that time Newt" I say the last part looking at Newt. He stares back at me with guilt. "After all that I went to the lake to think..."

Flashback

I was sitting in the lake when all the sudden there's a flash of pictures in my mind. I try to recall what they are. It's me as a kid until now.

End of Flashback

"I started to remember some of my memories that time. I didn't tell you guys because it was mainly about me. Nothing to help us escape this place. I start to get worse. I accidentally start fire here and there. So I keep my distant from everyone.... I kept thinking of a way to stop it. But what make me reach my last straw is you Newt...

Flashback

I heard giggling near by. It can't be the boys because it sounded girly. Must be Teresa because we are the only girls around here. I decided to check it out. When I reached there I instantly wishes I didn't. What I see brings sharp pain in my heart. Newt and Teresa... They were kissing....

End of Flashback

Newt look at me with more guilt in his eyes, there's also a few tears running down my eyes. "You see Newt... I avoided you to protect you. I can't be mad.... Because you didn't know! But... Do you have to do that to me?" I stood up still looking at Newt "do you have to betray me?! I loved you Newt.... I really do.... After you did that?! I can't help but felt betrayed?!" I say every words louder. To the point I was yelling. Letting out all the feelings I've been bottling up with tears streaming down my eyes. The ground started to shake. I'm not stable went I'm being emotional. I took a deep breathe "I can't stay mad like this. You'll end up getting hurt. That's why I left.... To protect all of you from me..." I say softer this time. I sit back down on the ground. "Now.... The truth why I'm still alive....

*to be continued*

A/N: I'm gonna write truth on the next part, if I write it here it'll be too Long and you'll get boring. Haha😄. Don't worry I'll update soon. Thank you for liking my story. Bye!!!