Chapter Twenty Eight

Brandon Drake Murphy

Abigail and I pulled up in front of Sianne's house.

  "This?" I asked doubtfully, eyeing the cheeful house that stood before me.

  "Yes," Abigail said, climbing out of the passanger's seat.

  I followed her. Abigail rang the bell which sounded like a ringtone.

  The door opened, revealing a red faced teenager with wild, curly brown hair. She gave us a gap-toothed smile. "Hi, Abigail!" she called out cheerfully.

  I looked at her. "This is Sianne?"

  Abigail laughed. "No. This is her sister, Clara. Clara, this is Brandon, my brother."

  Clara squealed. "You mean Brandon Murphy? I love you! Can you sign my hand?"

  I smiled. It was always a pleasure to meet a fan. "Sure." I took out a pen and signed my name.

  "Thank you," she replied.

  She was about to close the door when Abigail put her foot in the closing. "Clara, where's Sianne?"

  Clara furrowed her eyebrows. "Sianne? I don't know. I think she just came home. Said she finished some business. Maybe a job," she laughed.

  I exchanged glances with Abigail. Did the finished business meant she killed Joanne?

  "Uh, can we come in?" I spoke up.

  Clara nodded. "Sure. Mummy! Abigail's here!" she yelled.

  A few footsteps later, a woman with a loose blond ponytail wearing a floral print dress came to the door. She looked surprised but ushered us in warmly.

  "Oh, my," Clara's mum said, straightening her dress. "Pardon my dressing but I don't usually get stars at my house. Would you both like some lemonade?"

  Abigail smiled. "It's okay, Mrs. Jonathan. And you look lovely as always. But we're here to see Sianne," Abigail said warmly.

  Mrs. Jonathan looked surprised again. "Uh, Sianne just came home. She's in her room," Mrs. Jonathan said, leading us to a room.

  "Thanks," I told her. When Mrs. Jonathan and Clara disappeared into the kitchen, Abigail knocked on the door.

   A blond who looked like the mini version of Mrs. Jonathan appeared at the door, looking frustrated and wearing black.

  She blinked at the sight of me. "Oh my gosh. I don't believe this. Brandon Murphy is at my house," she said. "Finally. This day came!"

  Abigail pushed passed her and I followed her into the messy room and closed the door.

  "What did you mean by 'finished business'?" I snapped, getting straight down to business.

  Sianne looked surprised at my question. "Well . . ."