Chapter Fourty

Joanne Belle Kameron

"Do you think they'd notic if we sneak out?" I asked Brandon in a hushed whisper. It was about 1:30pm in the afternoon.

  The movie marathon finished late yesterday. After At First Bite, we watched the 2nd series and vampire movies. The entire night was filled with sounds of hissing and victims screaming.

  Since the movie marathon (Or as we call it, the Murphy Marathon, and according to Ruby, it "included" me) ended very late (at 1:30am), Ruby, Taylor, Abigail, Jovan and Fred were sprawled on Brandon's large L shaped couch, snoring, and Brandon and I were the first awake, we decided to sneak out to grab brunch.

  "Pphssh!" he snorted. "They're too busy dreaming about their imaginary . . . movie premieres," he joked.

  I giggled. I changed into shorts before passing Brandon the keys and letting ourselves out, giggling.

  "So what do you want to eat?" I asked.

  He shrugged. "How bout pizza?"

  "Pizza?" I gave him a look. "How do you call that 'brunch'?"

  "I don't know. I'm just craving some pizza," he answered in response.

  I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I agreed, not wanting to admit that I, too, was craving pizza.

~Pizza Restaurant, Pizza Palace~

"So. . . what are you gonna eat?" I asked Brandon while flipping through the menu.

  We were at Pizza Palace, the closest pizza restaurant. The pizza made was yummy.

  "I was thinking the Hawaiian Cheese," he admitted. "You?"

  "Same."

  I raised my hand in the air. A waiter with shaggy brown hair styled into a Justin Bieber haircut came, with a pen and a squeaky clean notepad. His nametag that read Jacob.

  "Yes, may I take your order?" He asked, positioning his pen over the notepad.

  "Two Hawaiian Cheese pizzas, two mushroom soups, two bottles of soda and maybe a small Cheese Pizza," Brandon told Jacob.

  He scribbled it down. "Anything else?"

  "No." Brandon shook his head.

~After brunch, on the way home~

"Why did you order takeout from Pizza Palace?" I asked, carrying the plastic bag containing a small cheese pizza.

  "For the family," Brandon said.

  "Isn't the cheese pizza a little too, small?" I asked.

  -To be continued-