Chapter Twenty Nine

Abigail Rosemary Murphy

"Well ... " Sianne said, casting her eyes downward, facing her wooden floor.

  Suddenly, her face jerked up and her eyes snapped onto mine. They flashed dangerously. "Nothing. I don't know what you're talking about," she answered, giving us a steely glare.

  "Sure you do!" Brandon pushed.

  I ignored Sianne's dangerous glare. "Tell us the truth Sianne. We know that you kidnapped Joanne and if you don't admit it, we're going to tell the police!" I threatened.

  Sianne smiled. "Really? Well, somebody told me you can't turn somebody in without evidence," she snapped.

  I turned red. That "somebody" was me. Even though Sianne was the kidnapper, I felt like I let Brandon, the police, everybody down by telling Sianne that important fact.

  Yeah, I told her because when she was young, she wanted to be a policewoman.

  "I was six. Just let it go," I snapped.

  She looked taken aback my my reply before snickering. "Well, what are you gonna do about it?" she jeered. "It's not like you can open a pen!"

  My eyes glistened. So Sianne was a faker. Great. I relied on this girl for advice, and admitted my crushes to her. Maybe the person who spread rumours about me was her and not Ruby Bridget.

  "Brandon," I said. "Can you give Sianne and I some privacy for a while?"

  "Sure. Just yell if she tries to attack you"

~After Brandon left~

"Look, Sianne," I said, my voice low and shaky. "Why can't you just let Joanne go?"

  Sianne snorted and looked me in the eyes. There was no remorse or guilt in her green eyes. "You don't understand, do you?" she snapped.

  "Maybe I don't. But I know enough to know that you've stepped overboard on this one,"I retorted.

  "Why does it matter? Aren't you happy for me?" she asked.

  "Happy about what? What did you do correctly in your life?" I asked.

  "I know I did good by being a Brandon Murphy fan," she snapped back.

  I narrowed my eyes at her. "Become a Brandon Murphy fan? If you really was his fan, you would accept the fact that he's happy with Joanne! Stop trying to destroy people's lives and make them want you just because Carson broke up with you!" I spat.

  She widened her eyes at me. Before she could speak, I got the message: I went too far by bringing up her soul mate, Carson. "Then leave!"

  "Fine, I will! But let Joanne go or else!" I warned before slamming the door.