Chapter Eight

Ugh Im at the river and I sprained my ankle and I cant walk on it. On the first night too D:

-☆K E O N A☆

---------------------------------------------------------

~Keiths POV~

"..what?"

"I will tell you the plan but first we must pay a visit to the princess." Shiro told me and began walking.

I followed him, anxiety gnawing at my insides. No. I dont want to see Zarkon again. He will most surely kill me. What if he kills Shiro?! My only family member?

We arrived at Allura's room in only a few dobashes. Shiro knocks hardly on the door.

"..Hello?" Allura's voice comes from inside.

"Princess I need you to come out. We have made plans to retrieve Lance, and are putting them into action. You need to see your father." Shiro told her sternly. And with that we left, not knowing if she followed his demands.

We walked into the kings quarters. I waited while Shiro called for the other Galra soldiers to arrive. We sat there in silence until the King, followed by our soldiers, came in. Behind them was Allura. She avoided everyone's eyes and didn't speak, but she came nonetheless.

"Tomorrow is a big day" The king's voice boomed. "We have made plans to retrieve my son, Prince Lance, from the Galra. Although this does mean we will be going into Zarkon's ship-"

I flinched a little. I did NOT want to see Zarkon. I shuffled my feet a little, feeling anxious.

"-this is a break in. We will not be speaking to him. We will not play his games. We will be in and out. Commander Shiro will tell you of your places and jobs." He walked away, although Allura stayed.

We huddled around a table and Shiro had blueprints of Zarkon's ship.

"Okay," he began, "Keith." He addressed me. "You and I will sneak in and retrieve Lance. I need all others to break into two groups. Half will go with us as lookout and backup. The other half will stay outside the ship, on it's perimeter and will report any unusual activity. If any smaller ships come in, tell me. We will have to be careful. This place is crawling with Galra operatives."

"Are you sure this will work?"

I turned towards the voice and saw Allura shaking a bit.

"... we can't be sure, princess. But it's worth giving it a try isn't it?" Shiro asked with a smile.

Allura still looked doutful, but she stopped shaking.

"I suppose.." and with that, we all went our separate ways. I walked into my room and lie on my bed. I grabbed  my blade and stared at my reflection in it. I sighed before putting it down.

That night I dreamt of Lance. Maybe they were memories. He was young at the time so he didn't have much character but I know he was kind and cared for his others. He could get grumpy, but only if he thought someone wasn't being fair to his sister.

The next morning I woke up with newfound determination. We WILL get him. I won't give up.

"You better prepare yourself Zarkon, because there's a storm comimg your way." I declared to no one in particular.

Okay another chapter :D this is a really bad chapter so I apologize, but I think I went brain dead in the summer :')