Chapter Eleven

I honestly have no idea where this story is going I should've planned this out... T^T

- ☆K E O N A☆

---------------------------------------------------------

~Keiths POV~

I walked out with Lance and Shiro down the halls of Zarkon's ship. We tip-toed down the halls, glancing both ways before leaving one hall to another.

"Hey Keith?" Shiro asked suddenly.

"Yeah.?"

"If I don't make it out of here, I want you to lead the soldiers."

"What?! No! You're making it out of here."

Shiro looked at me before continuing, leaving us into an uncomfortable silence.

I noticed Lance give me a few suspicious glares and he kept looking around as if searching for something. I don't know what though. I just continued my way back to my ship.

~Lance POV~

I don't trust them.

Over the time that I've been here, I've learned to not trust anyone. It's every man for himself. Do whatever you can to win. Whether it be cheating or manipulating.

I've learned a thing or two here myself.

I don't know who these people think they are but I don't plan on finding out. We walked and walked for what felt like hours.

Eventually, we found a big room where we stopped. Shiro pulled out his bag and handed each of us helmets.

We put them on and opened a door, and sure enough, it showed me space. I felt a surge of sadness wash over me but I pushed it back.

I turned back to them.

"Hey Shiro, Keith!" They looked up at me.

"Yeah..?" Wondered Keith.

"Hasta la later!" I yell and run out the door, leaving them behind.

With my helmet on I walk to the big ship.

Why do they need such a big ship for only two people.

"Lance!" I look over only to find who I least expected. Lotor.

"Im sorry Lotor, but I'm leaving here."

"And I'm sorry Lance, but I cant let you do that.." he replied sternly, taking a step forward.

"I thought you didn't agree with this?! Just let me go! I thought you were my friend?!"

"Hah! Friend? You of all people should know that there are no friends here, Lance.." he said seriously.

"..what? No. No! We are supposed to be friends! Light in the dark, remember!?" I yelled, eyes tearing up.

I heard yelling nearby and looked past Lotor. Galran soldiers were fighting with Keith and Shiro and guilt washed over me.

"Get oFF OF ME" I heard Keith yell maliciously.

"Lotor! Lotor make them stop!"

Lotor took a step towards me and was about to grab me when Keith popped up and slashed his arm.

"AHH!"

Lotor scrambled back a few steps and held his arm. Keith glared at me angrily and then gasped as he saw Shiro losing his fight.

One of the Galra kicked the back of his leg and he fell over. He fell and then all the other Galrans surrounded him.

"Shiro!" Keith ran forward but stopped when Shiro put a weak hand up.

"..go. Take the prince and go." He said.

"What? No! Im not leaving you Shiro!"

"Take the prince and gO! What will the Princess do if we come back without him?!"

~Keiths POV~

What am I going to do? I can't leave Shiro. But the prince.. I can't leave him. Allura will be so sad. I don't want to see her that sad again. Im sorry Shiro!

I gave Shiro a sad nod before grabbing Lance and running towards the ship. I would have to leave all of our people on the inside.

I feel really bad, but we can get them later on. And we still have the other half of our soldiers. But who will lead them? I can't. Im not prepared!

~Lances POV~

We were in the ship and Keith sat at the controls while I sat at a seat in the back. Another ship followed us, but didn't seem to be any enemy.

I felt really bad having Keith choose Shiro over me, but I was too busy thinking of other things.

I can't believe Lotor betrayed me! My only friend up here through all this. What else was he lying about?

"Hey."

"Yeah?" I called.

"I hope you're happy. Shiro was the only family member I had. You're lucky you are the Prince. Had it been someone else I would've left you." Keith said a little angrily.

"What is up with everyone? I am no prince. I am Lance Mcclain-Sanchez from Cuba. I moved to America when I was 7 years old and my best friends are Pidge Gunderson and Hunk Garrett," I started.

"I go to school just like everyone else. On Earth. I never asked to be put on a ship in space and to be toryured for however many days. The rain, grass, my family. I can't see any of it. I just want to go home." I continued sadly.

Keith looked at me as if he was searching for something before looking back at the controls.

It was silent after that, and after such a long day and a long enough ride to wherever we were going, I fell asleep.

Wow this chapter is  longer than usual! ^♡^