Chapter Twenty-One (pt. 1)

UmM I think this is the last chapter of this???? But it's long so there will be a second part :')

(ONE YEAR LATER)

Lances POV

I loved Keith.

Keith loved me.

I was happy.

He was happy.

Well. I think that anyways. I have moments of doubt. I look at Keith and think, Keith is so beautiful, fierce. He deserves the whole universe, and sadly I can't give him that. Why did he choose me? When I lived on Earth I had no idea of other planets or anything, but Keith did! He literally could've picked anyone in the universe! Why me?

My thoughts were ended when a soft, slow kiss was placed onto my jaw. I looked down at Keith as he lay in my arms.

"Goodmorning, sleepyhead." I said as I kissed the top of his head.

"Mnn'mornin'..." he replied drowsily.

(Le time skip brought to you by whatever you want it to be brought by uMm)

I saw it and smiled warmly. I had told Keith that he needed rest since he seemed super tired lately. I stood alone in the store staring at the shiny object.

Later I sat with Allura. Talking about little things, big things, THE thing.

Keiths POV

I rested yesterday, but even today Lance didn't want me around. Does he hate me now?

I was wallowing in my room before I heard a message from the intercoms,

"Could Keith Kogane report to the commons area?"

Oh no. Has Lance been avoiding me because he didn't want me around anymore? Are they going to make me guard the doors? Will they assign another guard to Lance? Did I do something wrong?

These thoughts plagued my head the whole way until I walked into the room and was amazed at what I found.

The commons were decorated with flowers, all the same kind and fairy lights. I did a double take when I realized that they were the flowers from Lance's and I's first time in town.

I smiled fondly at the memory before I noticed that no one was even in the room. Where are they?

"Keith..." someone breathed.

I turned surprised at the voice.

"Oh. Hey, Lance...um. Do you know what's going on..?"

"Oh yeah," he chuckled, "this is my idea."

"Umm. Why did you do this?"

"Come." Lance waved me forward as he walked to the center and clapped twice.

I was confused before, but became more confused when Allura and Shiro came holding trays of food, wearing waiter and waitress outfits. After them two galran soldiers came in bringing in a small round table and placed it in the center before leaving.

Allura and Shiro placed the food onto the table and the soldiers came back with a chair each, placing them across from each other. Allura and Shiro smiled at each other, seeming giddy, before glancing at the two of us and winking.

I'm so confused.

Then, as if I wasn't confused enough, King Alfor himself came in holding a candle with his head held high. He placed it in the center before looking at Allura, nodding, and looking at Shiro, nodding. Then they all left and shut the door behind them.