Five

Meek pov
"Come on lil one, you gotta take the medicine so you can get better," I said trying to persuade Nikalah to take this children's Ibuprofen.
"B-but it's yucky," her bottom lip quivered a bit before a single tear threaded down her cheek. If this wasn't Nicki's dramatic ass child. I brushed the tear away and made a deal with her.
"Look princess, if you take the medicine, ill take you to get some ice cream later, deal?"
"Ice cream? Yes!" She opened her mouth and swallowed the medicine, requesting water or juice to wash the taste away.
"See all done. You wanna watch Doc McStuffins ?" I asked as I carried her to my room where the 65 in flat screen tv was.
"Yes, me like Doc McStuffins," I turned on the show for her and later next to her. She soon became sleepy and made her way to the top of the bed laying on my chest.
"Meek, can you be my new daddy. Cause I no like my other daddy no more," she looked up at me waiting for an answer.
"Uh how about you go to sleep and we'll talk about it later princess?" I said hoping she would drop the conversation for now.
"Okay daddy," I sighed rubbing her back as we both eventually fell asleep.
------
Nicki pov
As I made it back to Meeks house I used his spare key to unlock the door since he didn't answer when I knocked. When I got in the house it was really quite. There were two of the little medicine cups and a box of Doc McStuffins Kleenex along with a bowl of Disney princesses chicken noodle soup. I went up to the guest room dropping of my bag and they weren't in there so I went to Meek's room and the were both cuddled together sleeping. I awed silently and snapped a picture before I went down stairs and cleaned up a bit.
--
I had finished the kitchen, living room, and the guest room when meek finally got up. He went to use the bathroom in the guest room so he wouldn't wake Nika up. I wait for him so I could ask how Nika acted today.
"Wassuh Nic?" He said sitting next to me as I watched Love & Hip Hop.
"Hey Meek, how was she?" I asked.
"She was good all day but we need to talk," I abruptly paused the tv and turned to him.
"What's wrong?"
"Uh right before we took a nap or whatever Nika was talking and she asked me to be her new daddy because she doesn't like her other daddy," I let out a deep breath and held back tears.
"First she thinks he doesn't love her and now she doesn't want him as a dad. I really give up now I tried to allow him in her life but he constantly fucks up and lets her down. She's had two Daddy-daughter balls at her little daycare and he didn't go to either. My dad had to take her because we didn't want to see her upset. Honestly I don't even want to make her see him," I was now crying and meek had pulled me into his embrace, kissing the top of my head.
"It's okay ma'. You and Nika gone be aight I got y'all now," he rubbed my back , soothing me as I gave up on Jahil.
"And imma be at every last one of those balls. Ya pops shouldn't have to do what pussy should've been doing. I got you baby girl,"
"Meek, you don't even understand how much of a help you've been since the second we met when you helped me away from his ass and honestly I would blame you if you didn't want to be associated with me at all. I would completely understand," i said wiping some stray tears. He looked at me in my eyes and leaned in kissing my cheek.
"Look Onika, I would never leave you or Nikalah. I feel that it was God's plan to put us together. The love I have for you and Nika grows every day. I know you ain't ready for nun and that's why I'm waiting on you shawty for real," he kissed my forehead and pulled my body on top of his. We watched a few reruns of The Fresh Prince of Belair before Nika woke up and came downstairs with us.
"Mommy, can me lay with you?" I sat up and so did meek. I pulled her on my lap and he wrapped his arms back around us.
"I love the both of y'all, I promise," meek said making me blush a little. I was going to say it back but Nika beat me.
"Me love you too daddy," he kissed her cheek making her giggle a little.
"I love you too Rihmeek," and we fell asleep like that.

Meek pov
I woke up and saw Nicki and Nikalah still sleeping peacefully. I slowly removed my arms from them and grabbed my phone. I snapped a picture and sent it to my mom after posting it.

 I called her paranoid self and she answered on the first ring

"Explain," she said first.
" okay damn. So I met Nicki when I helped her away from Nikalah's dad who was yelling at her and putting his hands on her," I started off but I decided to leave the room so I wouldn't wake them up, "So the me and Nicki became really good friends and one day Nikalah woke up crying her little heart because she thought her dad didn't love her and I tried to tell her he did but she wasn't having it and eventually she cried herself back to sleep. On top of that she had a little cold so I watched her for Nicki today while she went to school to take her test. But when it was time for her nap she later on my chest and asked me to be her new daddy and I couldn't give her a specific answer so i told her we would talk about it later and she said 'Okay daddy' and i didn't want to see a little three year old hurt so I went along with it even though Nicki told me I didn't have to," I explained and it was silent for a second.
"Meek, I'm proud of you, I really am but I want to meet this girl and the daughter. Now send me some more pictures of my new grand baby," she said happily making me smile.
"Alright ma', we'll probably stop by today or tomorrow, love you,"
"Love you too son, bye. "
She hung up as I let out a sigh of relief. I went back in the living room and they were still sleeping.