05 // c l o s u r e

PAST
three years ago

"You changed." That was the first thing that Jeonghan said to Wonwoo while they were walking through their school's hallway.

But did he change for the better or for the worse?

Biglang tumibok ng mabilis ang puso ni Wonwoo. Jeonghan's statement was left hanging—like he was supposed to explain and indicate something to justify his statement.

Bahagyang napatingin si Wonwoo kay Jeonghan, "P-Paanong. . . Paanong nagbago?"

Binalik ni Jeonghan ang tingin sa kanya, "You became. . . sociable than before. Is it because of Mingyu? Pansin kong palagi kayong magkasama nitong nakaraan."

Wonwoo heaved a deep breathe, he doesn't know why he's suddenly holding back himself, "Is it bad that I became sociable than before? May mali ba?"

Jeonghan's eyes went wide and abrubtly shook his head to deny, "No, no. Wala akong sinabi! S-Sadyang nanibago lang ako. Hindi ka naman ganyan dati. Hindi nga kita makausap ng matino dati eh. You know, I think Mingyu is a good influence, you're slowly coming out of your shell."

Natahimik bigla si Wonwoo. Though, behind those silence is a proud smiling face. He just felt a little proud of himself and Mingyu. These days, the giant was his reason for waking up everyday. He was his reason for coming out of his comfort zone and exploring more of the world that he hasn't been in.

"Kayo na ba?"

Bigla namang naalarma si Wonwoo sa sinabi ni Jeonghan. He immediately shook his head to deny it—but then, Jeonghan mischievously smiled as if he knew something more than the surface—more than what he can see and hear.

"No need to deny, nalaman ko na mismo kay Mingyu na kayo na." sambit nito.

Wonwoo gulped, "H-Huwag mo sabihin sa iba. Magagalit yon saakin kapag may nakalaman."

Jeonghan suddenly sighed, "Be careful. . ."

Fear suddenly enveloped Wonwoo's whole being. His expectations suddenly died down for Mingyu with what Jeonghan uttered—"Baka pinaglalaruan ka lang niyan."

•••