09 // c l o s u r e

P A S T
three years ago

Stressful. Depressing. Wonwoo's cheekbone became more defined with his sudden weight loss, Wonwoo's eyebags became darker than before, his eyes that used to be emotionless was exchanged with visible sadness.

Hindi siya pinapansin ni Mingyu. Hindi niya alam kung bakit at wala siyang mahanap na dahilan. Nakikita pa nga niya itong may kasamang babae araw-araw. Hindi niya tuloy alam kung meron pa bang sila.

Everything is tough for him these past few months. Bukod sa hindi pagpapansin ni Mingyu sa kanya, dumagdag rin ang biglaang pagpanaw ng kanyang ama.

He doesn't know how to react with these sudden events.

All he could do was smile through all the pain; letting everyone think that he's still alright.

All he could do was cry out all night; letting himself drown with his own ocean of tears.

"Wonwoo, okay ka lang?" Tanong ng isa sa mga kaklase niya. Kanina pa kasi nila napapansin na sobrang putla at nanghihina si Wonwoo.

Wonwoo faked a smile, forcing himself to look and pretend that he's okay and still alive, "Okay lang ako." Hindi talaga.

His classmate worriedly smiled, "Sigurado ka ha?"

Tumango si Wonwoo, "Sigurado."

•••

Tahimik lang na nakikinig si Wonwoo sa guro nila noong biglang makaramdaman siya ng hilo at sakit sa puso.

Wonwoo can feel his heart beating so rapidly. Sobrang sikip nito na tipong nahihirapan siyang huminga. Naramdaman pa niyang pinagpapawisan siya. His bones and skin felt like it's going to fall off. Nagsimulang manghina ang buong katawan niya.

He couldn't hear anything, he couldn't move his head up to call for help. Everytime he blinks his eyes, it would be equivalent to a throbbing headache. Everytime he breathes for air, the pathway through his lungs would be blocked, making it ten times harder for him to gasp for air. Everything just feels so heavy, and sharp, and deadly.

Wonwoo kept quiet at the back of their classroom. He slowly laid his head on his desk, too tired to call the attention of others. Maybe he's just too tired, maybe he just needs rest.

Oblivious of his own situation, the moment he closed his eyes, his heart also stopped beating.

But the scariest part is-no one noticed him almost lifelessly sitting on his desk.

Well, not really. Kim Mingyu has been watching him all this time, but he's completely clueless about Wonwoo's sudden heart attack that can probably lead to his death.

He thought he was sleeping—but Wonwoo's situation was far more scarier than that. His heart forgot its job to pump and beat for him to be alive.

•••