The Circle of Life (Feat. Damian Wayne)

A/N: this is for @cait-writes-stuff. Hey babe I am so very proud of you (you already knew that, but it is worth repeating) and I'm sorry if I got some of the details wrong as I didn't want to spoil this surprise by asking you too many questions. I also might have made your comic hubby pansexual and I am not sorry at all.

"So...... You never been attracted to someone before?" Dick asked slowly

"Well, yes and no. Romantic attraction is separate from sexual attraction. So I have been romantically attracted to someone like I want to date them I just don't want to have sex with them." Y/N explained a little nervously.

"So not even me?"

"......No, not even you." Y/N said slightly afraid that she might have hurt his feelings.

But Dick just nodded. "Thank you for not lying. I wouldn't want you to feel like you have to pretend to be something you aren't just to make me happy."

"You are being really understanding of this." Y/N said with a little surprise.

"Why wouldn't I be? When I told you that I was pan, you were really understanding and respectful. What kind of friend and boyfriend would I be if I didn't do the same for you?" Dick said patiently.

"It is just this is something that I have been struggling to come to terms with for a while, pretty much my entire life, and I have just now been able to admit it to myself and you are the first person I have told and-"

"Hey, it is okay, just breathe. You don't have to explain yourself to anybody. Almost nothing in this life is certain so don't worry about having to figure everything out right now. Not everybody is going to understand, but that doesn't matter as long as you do. I support you, okay? And you have other people in your life who will support you as well. You aren't alone." Dick said, gently cradling her face.

By the time he finished speaking, they were both in tears.

"Thank you. I knew that all of that, but it really helps to hear you say it." Y/N sniffled.

"I'll say it anytime you need to hear it." Dick said, wiping his eyes.

"What are you two crying about, L/N?" came a voice from the doorway.

"Nothing, Damian, I'll tell you later." Y/N said.

"Fine, but right now we are going to go watch that movie about the lions." Damian commanded

"NAAAAANTS IGONYAAAAAMA BAGITHI BABA." Dick cried as he picked up Damian and ran to the living room

"UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT, GRAYSON. I AM THE BLOOD SON. THE HEIR TO THE DEMON. I WILL NOT BE CARRIED LIKE AN INFANT."