Lullaby

Prompt: Maybe one where the reader and dick are married with a kid and the reader comes home to Dick singing to the kid in Romani or teaching them how to speak Romani. By anon

Y/N opened the door and walked in. She kicked her shoes off and dropped her bag onto a nearby chair. She listened closely for any sign that her husband and daughter were home. Her ears were greeted with the sound of soft singing and childish giggles.

She smiled as she followed the noises to the little girl's bedroom. She looked inside to see her husband cradling their daughter in his arms. He was singing a song in a foreign language that Y/N only recognized because she had heard him speak it before.

He leaned down and rubbed his nose against Maria's, much to the little girl's delight. Y/N didn't know what the song was about, but by the tone of Dick's voice, it seemed to be a lullaby. She would have been content to watched them forever, had Maria not noticed her standing in the doorway.

"Mama! Mama!" The little girl wiggled in her daddy's arms.

"Hi, little birdie, how was your day?" Y/N greeted as she walked forward and kissed the little girl on the head.

"Daddy taught me a new song." Maria said as she snuggled close to her mother.

"I heard that." Y/N said. "Do you like the new song?"

"Yeah!" The little girl nodded, her curls bouncing all around. "Daddy says Grandma Mary taught him how to sing it."

Y/N looked at Dick. She knew that he wanted more than anything for his parents to be able to meet his baby and how much it meant to him for him to be able to teach Maria some of the things they had taught him. "That means it is a very special song." Y/N said quietly. The little girl nodded as she rested her head on Y/N's shoulder.

"Maybe Daddy will teach you more things later." Y/N said as she played with her daughter's hair. "Right now it is time for little birds to take a nap."

Maria opened her mouth to protest, but all that came out was a yawn. Y/N laid the little girl on the bed and covered her up.

Y/N led Dick out of the room before wrapping her arms around him and kissing him passionately.

"Not that I am complaining," Dick panted softly after they separated. "But what was that for?"

"You are such a good father to her." Y/N said quietly.

"You aren't so bad yourself." He teased gently as he ran his hands up and down her sides.

Y/N hummed as she snuggled close to him. She loved her husband and daughter and she especially couldn't wait to tell Dick about the new baby.