Fight Club

Prompt: Congrats on your one month!!! :) Could I have a cutesy Dick Grayson x Reader where she wants to start going on patrols and he actually gets excited after being hesitant for a bit- and maybe even trains her? by @gerowlattheworld

A/N: Sorry it is a bit short :/

"Could you repeat that please?" Dick asked, his cup halfway to his mouth.

"I said, I want you to train me to fight." Y/N said firmly. She had given it a lot of thought before bringing it up. She wanted to help him in his fight. Or in the very least be able to protect herself if she needed to.

"Yep, that's what I thought you said." Dick said. He set his cup down and thought deeply for a minute. "Why do you want to learn?" He asked slowly.

"Well, it would mean that I could protect myself. And maybe I could help you?" She said carefully.

"I'll train you." He said after a moment of silence. "But you are not going on patrol with me. That is non-negotiable."

Y/N smiled and threw her arms around his neck. She gave him an excited kiss before pulling back and saying, "So when do we start?"

"Later." Dick said as he pulled her in for a longer kiss. She let him hold her for several seconds before pulling out of his embrace completely.

"Okay, it is later. Let's go!" She said as she dragged him away from the table.

"You don't even know where we are going." Dick pointed out as she opened the door.

Y/N paused in the doorway. She turned and looked at him for a minute. "Maybe you should lead the way?"

Dick smiled and gave her a kiss on the head as he walked past her. He was enjoying her energy while it lasted, because he knew she wasn't going to be near this excited when she was covered in bruises and sweat.