Melodramatic

A/N: Short little fluff I wrote for a friend who was/is not feeling well

"I am pretty sure that I am dying." Y/N said, her words muffled by the three enormous blankets she has cocooned herself in. "If I die, I just want you to know that I love you and I think your butt is cute."

"Is that really the best final words you could come up with? Things I already knew?" Dick teased as he gently brushed the hair off of her forehead.

"My brain is being held captive by that vile menace, Mucus. So excuse me if my dramatic monologues don't meet your expectations." Y/N said, poking a hand out of her burrow to swat at him.

"Okay, okay, calm down. Let me check your temperature." He said as he used a thermometer to scan her forehead. "You know, you should be really glad we found one of these or else you would have to be quiet for an entire minute."

Y/N glared at him, but remained silent. The beep from the device let them both know it was finished. Dick pulled it back and let out a low whistle. "No wonder you aren't feeling well."

"Now that we have confirmed I am actually sick and not just fooling both you and my own brain, can I die now?" Y/N sighed.

"Nope, it is my sacred duty as both a hero and a boyfriend to make sure you survive this illness." Dick said, standing and heading over to the medicine cabinet. He retrieved a bottle of pills and a bottle of water. "This should be a nice start."

Y/N took the medicine without argument, but it didn't make her feel much better. "I still kind of want to die."

"Well, you aren't getting death, so you should choose something else." Dick said.

"Okay, how about cuddles?" Y/N said, pushing one of the blankets off as the extreme cold she had been feeling before started to mellow a bit.

"Cuddles?" He asked as he removed the blanket fully.

"You heard me, Grayson." Y/N said, "Now are you going to snuggle me or not?"

Dick just rolled his eyes as he climbed into bed next to her. He pulled her close and stroked soothing circles into the small of her back.

Y/N felt her eyelids close as her medicine began to kick in. She drifted in and out of consciousness for a while, but she had no trouble hearing Dick's mutter.

"If I get sick, you are so taking care of me."