Chapter 10: Date with Gabriel

A/n: You guys rock, seriously. I'm almost to 4,000 reads and almost to 750 votes. Please, keep voting and commenting, and reading. You guys make my day.  Also, my poor Beta is not feel well, reading makes her quite ill (maybe it's just my writing that's making her ill LOL) But, you are going to continue to get the chapters without beta reading and assistance editing for the foreseeable future. I apologize now for spelling and grammatical errors in this thing, I can create a story, but I apparently don't have command over the nuances of the English language.  

**Edit** My wattpad app and when I log in on my computer, only shows one copy of the chapter at this point. I'm not sure what else to do to fix it for you if you are still seeing two Chapter 10s in this posting.  I apologize for any confusion. 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I was cuddled up under my comforter, a warm body plastered behind me on my couch. Strong arms held me in an iron grip. Leather and Cyprus filled my nose, it was Nathan. A goofy grin assailed my face as I thought about our afternoon together. Thinking about his hands and mouth all over my body made me ache again for him. We didn't have sex, in fact, I don't think Nathan got any relief at all as he focused all of his attention on me, but I definitely got satisfaction from our encounter. We must have fallen asleep at some point, or, I guess I fell asleep. But, by the steady even rhythm of his breathing, Nathan was sound asleep behind me.

The comforter was pulled away from my head suddenly, the light pouring through the windows blinding me. My hand shot up, covering my eyes, protecting myself from going blind from the intrusive sunlight. I groaned, irritated that my cozy little bubble was once again popped. Luke's sweet scent mingled with Nathan's. As my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I could only surmise Luke was the culprit. I didn't hear anyone or smell anyone else in the condo with me. I sighed internally. I was hoping to not have to deal with any of the other guys today. It's been emotional and we're on such shaky ground as it is, I wanted to do this a bit slower. I shot Luke a look as my eyesight returned to me. I didn't want to wake Nathan behind me. I had a feeling that none of my guys had slept very well since Friday so he probably needed this nap.

'What do you want?' I signed to Luke. He looked around the condo for a moment, then at Nathan and me before responding.

'We'll be in a ton of trouble if the Doc and boss man realize Nathan was here alone with you.' He signed back. I snorted.

'Nathan has special permission to be here with me alone.' I responded vaguely. The shocked look on Luke's face almost made me laugh. Then, his face fell. I'd never seen Luke so crestfallen before. It was like someone stole all of his candy and ate it in front of him. My heart broke. Then the anger came back and I wiggled out of Nathan's arms, sitting up

'Don't give me that look, Luke. You all made your bed. Now you have to lay in it.' I was angry that he felt like I was betraying him somehow being able to be alone with Nathan. Not so great being out of the loop is it, I thought.

'I know that Cupcake. Look,' he looked back at Nathan and blew out a huff of air, 'Can we go onto the porch, or your bedroom or something and actually talk?' His body was tense, ready for my rejection. I sighed heavily, scrubbing my face with my hands, trying to delay this talk. I wasn't sure how I felt yet about Luke's involvement, wasn't sure I could forgive him yet even if he apologized to me. I definitely wasn't ready to forgive the others. I met his eyes and nodded. I stood, adjusted my clothes to cover myself properly again, not missing the look Luke shot at Nathan's sleeping form. Jealousy was not a good look on Luke. Just wait till they found out I was going out on a date with Gabriel.

I marched out onto the balcony. I wasn't worried about the guys being able to hear my conversation, with the ocean so close, and then the seagulls and occasional traffic up and down the street, there was enough ambient noise to muffle anything we had to say. I was more concerned about being overhead in my bedroom. The wall between Victor's condo and mine in the bedroom was much thinner than we would like. After the first week, he had construction crews in his place, remodeling the floor plan so our masters weren't joined by that this wall. He needed a bit of a buffer so he wouldn't hear every noise I made while with one of his brothers. The other guys got a good laugh in until Victor produced video from his phone of some of them in the throws of passion. They were mortified and even offered to help with the remodel work after. But, they all knew that wall was thin and you could hear everything if we spoke above a whisper. Frankly, it was a little ridiculous. None of the other units had that issue, we tested it out by yelling obnoxiously to each other as the rest of the group tried to listen in from the other unit. Nothing. I was still debating tearing that joining wall down and rebuilding it with sound proofing between the two units.