Chapter 22: Horny Southerner

A/n: Yay! 20k reads for the story so far. You guys are so awesome. I'm glad you all have been enjoying it. Please continue to like and comment. I love the comments you all have been leaving. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Corey changed up the schedule last minute getting me into the VIP section when the girl who was supposed to work it with Candy suddenly had a car that wouldn't operate. I thanked Brandon for that little miracle. Haru tipped me off that he heard from the other gang members, that if you wear the black uniform in the VIP section, it's a "signal of some type, to someone, that you are looking to get involved in something." Really vague Haru, but it's all he had. I figured it was worth a shot. My guys were going to have a heart attack when they saw me. Dying of embarrassment would be better than some ways to go, only because it was self inflicted. I could control it a little. So, I went all out and grabbed a matching lingerie set I had never worn before. Victor purchased it for me for valentines day. It was sexier than anything else I owned. It was a full coverage bra in a black material with the under halves of the cups lined with a light pink lace. The bottoms were bikini briefs but the lace decoration made it look like a thong. I checked it under the black light to ensure only the lace glowed. It was about perception in this case. I didn't need to actually be wearing almost nothing, I just needed whoever was looking to think they saw almost nothing. It was sneaky, but it was about enhancing assets. A last minute decision had me grabbing a pair of light pink stilettos that Gabriel had been begging me to wear. I was going to be regretting my life choices by the end of the night.

When Haru called about Candy's party a few hours later, I panicked, thinking I didn't have anything to wear, other than my uniform. He promised he'd have Liam grab something appropriate for me so I wouldn't stand out when I showed up with them. Haru had been invited to this private little gathering of some of the girls from the club, a couple of the bouncers and some of the guys from the Jamison Park Gang. He was bringing me with him. We both thought it would be a good way to break the ice, especially since everyone seemed to think Machete and I were a thing. No matter how much I protested and denied it, the rumor persisted. Axel promised to inform my team once I was headed to the party. We all knew they would object to me going without one of them. I could definitely handle myself in social situations like this now, thanks to the Academy and I wasn't nearly as naive as I had been when I went to that football party with Silas and North a few years ago.

I knew this was potentially dangerous, but these were the girls I needed to get in with, even if I didn't like them that much. They lied, they cheated, they stole, they did drugs, and they weren't very nice. Nothing about them made me want to be their friend, however, in order to break this ring, I needed in and these were the girls to get me in. If my team started associating with me now, it could ruin their connections since Brandon, Raven and Marc were considered "good" guys. However, Candy seemed to want to be all up in Marc's business, so I was hoping to use that as a lead-in for a conversation with her tonight.

Because I was working VIP, my shift started a little later than everyone else's. Haru met me after I clocked in and dumped my purse off in my locker. He was gentleman enough to escorted me across the club to the VIP section. I admitted to him I was having some trouble in my heels as they were a little higher than I was used to. Since the Jamison Park gang was taking up VIP and I'd be going with him to Candy's party afterwards, it made sense to establish ourselves as being at least acquaintances before I just showed up on his arm after work. There was commotion in my earpiece just after we exited the first block of black lights so I stopped Haru to pretend to talk to him for a moment so I could figure out what was going on.

"Jeezum Crow, Sang." Corey was in my ear. "I think your team just went up in flames as you walked through that blacklight. Had I not known to expect it, I'd probably have been right along with them. You put out some seriously sexy vibes. I think half the club is staring at you right now." I blushed, though Corey couldn't see it. Haru apparently was getting a similar report.