chapter 21: Rumours and Uniforms

North’s POV

“When I locate these damned evil squirrels, I am going to destroy their worlds. Not conquer them, destroy them.” Gabriel ranted.

“That seems a little harsh, doesn’t it?” I asked, uninterested in his answer.

“These fuckers keep coming out of nowhere and attacking my planets! Every damned time I start up a new game, I always get stuck next to these fuckers. I can’t figure out where the fuckl they’re coming from.” Gabriel gripped.

“What the hell are you playing?” Luke popped up over my shoulder to look at Gabe’s computer screen.

“Galactic Civilization Three.”

“Because we have to differentiate it from the previous two?” Luke egged him on.

“Exactly! Both one and two were shit. In three, I get to design my own ships.”

“And we’ve just figured out why Gabriel is playing.” Silas chimed in. I rolled my eyes. We were killing time before our next shift at the club. It’s been three weeks since everything came out about Sang’s current mission and the Academy asked my brother’s and I to help Sang baby. Of course we would. I would walk across water if she asked me to.  Well, I would try anyway.

Silas and I got in as two extra security guards, but we couldn’t be buddies with Brandon and Raven as they weren’t getting anywhere with information on their end and the other security guys hated them. We didn’t like being sleazy, but we never let anything happen to Sang when she’s on the floor. Usually, we’re working the other side of the club anyway. Marc makes sure Brandon and Raven have Sang’s tables covered. Gabriel is the new DJ after the other one suddenly got offered a job at a nicer club downtown for more money. To Gabe’s credit, the attendance at club Midnight has swelled to near capacity. I guess he knows his shit, and the waitresses all love him. But, I think that’s because they think he’s gay. He doesn’t seem to care; we get a lot of gossip from him. As much as Sang baby does. Me and Silas? We get to pass notes to certain waitresses we suspect are involved in the ring. As far as we can tell though, Dick has kept his hands clean. We have nothing yet to link him to the prostitution ring directly.  

We’ve added a few dozen cameras with the help of Luke and Victor to the inside and outside of the club, including employee only areas and Dick’s office. We haven’t picked up anything out of the ordinary yet. If Dick is running this ring, he’s either a lot smarter than we’ve given him credit for, or he’s not doing business out of the club. Haru and the boys from the gang he and Jimmy have infiltrated seem to have a stronger presence, while Machete seems to have backed off. When he does come in, he and his boys always sit in Sang’s section and he always flirts with her, but he’s been more withdrawn since hurting her, which is how I fucking like it.

“Candy is supposed to be throwing a big party at her place tonight.” Gabriel pipes up suddenly.

“Which one is Candy?” Luke asks.

“The blonde hair blue eyed she-devil.” Gave shivers in disgust. “Some of the girls that get the drugs and notes in their lockers are going. It might be the break in the case we’re looking for.” I empathized with Gabe, Candy was not a nice girl. She’d throw any one of her coworkers under the bus, but she hadn’t gone after Sang yet. We were all watching her like a hawk though. She wasn’t a fan of Sang’s and none of us were willing to have another Jade on our hands.

“Where’s her place? Maybe we could get a couple of cameras installed and check out the party. It doesn’t sound like any of us have an invite.” Luke’s suggestion was valid, and it would logistically be possible to get Luke and Victor on the cameras and placement tonight while everyone was working at the club.