Chapter 16: Of Legends and Myths

A/N: Sorry for the delay in updating. Life has been busy. Thank you all for the continued support.The story is gaining ground quickly. We've surpassed 10k reads!! Yay!!! You guys rock! As always, I've enjoyed reading your comments. They are a constant source of entertainment.

Marc's black SUV screeches to a halt outside the Academy Hospital emergency room doors. I'm a little dizzy from the blood loss, but I know the wound isn't going to kill me. It just hurts like hell and there's more blood than I thought there'd be. The bleeding has slowed down quite a bit, but I still look like the starring role in a slasher flick. It really does look a lot worse than it is. Before I realize it, the door beside me swings open and Raven is pulling me out and carrying me into the hospital. Marc already has a nurse waiting with a wheelchair. I roll my eyes.

"I can walk, I'm not an invalid." I protest to deaf ears as Raven slips me into the wheelchair gently, as if I might break. The nurse, whom I recognize from previous visits to the hospital with Sean when I'd "assist" him in his rounds, smiles down at me patiently.

"It makes them feel better and it's hospital protocol, just sit back and enjoy the ride." She says quietly into my ear as she begins to push me back into triage.

"Is he working the E.R. tonight?" I ask, afraid of the answer. But, my question is answered for me when I hear him on the other side of the curtain.

"Ohh, lookie here. We've got a patient who was testing the waters as a pin cushion! Let's get a look at this." That's when the curtain is thrust to the side and there stands Sean Green, complete with stethoscope and his sexy white coat. His dazzling green eyes widened on his heart-shaped face as recognition overcomes the surprise.

"What- Who- How?" He sputters for a moment before the scene becomes apparent and all Sean sees is his Pookie sitting in the emergency room covered in blood like a character from 'Cabin Fever' or 'House of A Thousand Corpses". I really need to stop watching those damned movies with Nathan. Sean races to my side, shoving Raven and Marc out of the way as his large, soft hands cup my face. "What happened, Pookie?" His eyes dart over me trying to pinpoint the wound.

"Sean, I'll be ok. Take a deep breath, I need you to be my doctor right now, and then you can be a concerned boyfriend, ok?" I need him focused so I can get this over with and get changed. I feel gross. He studies my face a moment longer, reassuring himself I'm not in any immediate danger and then steps back.

"What happened, Sang? I need you to tell me how you ended up like this." I cringe knowing he isn't going to like anything I have to say from this point on.

"Well, I was on my mission with the Toma team." I motion to Raven and Marc with a nod of my head. "And Machete was there with some of his crew."

"Crew?"

"He's in the Four-Oh-Five in North Charleston." I respond calmly and clinically. "We were talking, when someone else came up behind us and I couldn't blow my cover so I intimated that this other person was an ex-boyfriend who may not have treated me with the utmost respect. Unbeknownst to me, this other party is a member of a rival gang, the Jamison Park crew. Machete went to attack this other party with a switchblade and instincts kicked in, I swear I thought he'd stop, but I guess the momentum was too much and I stepped in too late to stop the swing and he got me in the upper arm. Raven and Marc immediately pulled me out of the ensuing chaos,created a tourniquet and got me to the hospital as quickly as possible while updating the rest of the team on my status." I end my brief report expecting some kind of response. What I get is a gaping mouth and wide eyes. I gesture to my left arm hanging limply at my side. "I think I need a few stitches, and maybe something for the pain?" The last part is what I suspect gets Sean's brain working again.