Chapter 19: Chastity Meets the Blackbourne Team

A/n: Sorry it's a short chapter. I felt like it was a natural place to end it and I didn't want to start the next scene because then then chapter would be astoundingly long. Not that any of you would ever complain about that!  Also, I think you're going to be surprised by some of the boys and not so surprised by some of the boys. 

My heart swelled at the gesture Kota made, to agree to help me in this mission despite not knowing anything about it. He trusted me. If I needed their help, they'd help. But, it was a little uncharacteristically rash for Kota. He's a planner. A strategist, like Owen. I saw the tic in Owen's eye when Kota immediately jumped up and agreed to help. That was what cooled me down a little to the gesture. Kota was being reckless in his attempt to appease me. I didn't want him to change, I didn't want blind devotion, I just wanted my opinions to be considered. I could tell after some of the details of the mission had been divulged, a few of the guys were swallowing their tongues.

Right then, my cell buzzed with an incoming text message at the same time Owen and Sean's beeped. I pulled mine out and looked at it, it was a message from Marc, and then my phone buzzed again, from Haru. I didn't remember giving him my cell phone number.

Marc: Just talked to the Academy, they will be reaching out to your team to officially extend an offer to help in conjunction with us and Team Ito.

Unknown: Hey, it's Haru. Marc gave me your number. Academy is on board. If you can get your team to agree, it'll be an honor to work with them.

I added Haru to my contact list and sent a response. To the both of them.

Sang: Team just took a vote and agreed to help.

Owen and Sean were discussing their text in an angry whisper. They weren't being very discreet, but they were being quiet enough that even I couldn't hear all of what was being said. Sean still looked angry when Owen walked away from him and called for our attention again. This time, we all sat around the table to discuss the matter at hand. I was assuming it would be to inform the rest of the team that we had been formally asked to join in the mission. Owen pulled at the cuffs of his sleeves and straightened his tie before clearing his throat and addressing the rest of us.

"Gentlemen, and Lady," he acknowledged me as usual, "The academy has just contacted Sean and I and asked if we would be interested in participating in the mission Sang has already committed to with the Toma Team and Team Ito, the other team involved. Sean felt we should have another vote about accepting the offer now that you are better informed as to some of the details of the mission. However, you were all so adamant to assist Sang without asking for details, I hardly see how it would do any good to revote. It's not like any of you would rescind your offer to help her in this mission, correct?" Owen's piercing grey gaze speared each and every one of them, daring to speak up and ask to withdraw their help. "Sang, since we're now involved, why don't you fill us in on everything the Toma team knows to this point, all the major players, set up of the club and your role in the mission? That way, we can start formulating a way to provide assistance to you. When the other two teams get here this evening, they can fill us in on anything you might have missed. But, this way, we can get a head start and formulate any questions we might have for the other teams."

I nodded and began with what the Toma team knew and what we had uncovered in my week at the club. I told them what I knew of the staff and owner, his penchant for younger girls and the Four-Oh-Five. I gave them the layout of the club and where the Toma team already had cameras. Then, I went into my involvement with the mission.

"Hold up just a second, Trouble. You elluded to a uniform. What are we talking about? Like at Bob's? I imagine it's a little flashier since this is a night club." Owen and Sean both snickered at the question, knowing full well, this is where the shit would hit the proverbial fan.