Tonight

Erza, Lucy, Loke, Gray and Hinami walked down a dirt path planning to investigate the island in search for the cause of the curse, since they had decided to complete the mission because it would affect Fairy Tail reputation. Gray walked with difficulty because of the serious bruises that covered him from head to toe courtesy of Lucy that still hadn't forgive him.

"I said I'm sorry Luce" said Gray bowing his head down flinching slightly at the constant pain bowing cause of his neck

"Don't call me Luce, we are not friends you liar stripper" said Lucy turning her head away from him with "Hm"

"But Lucy I really needed you for this mission" said Gray not giving up

"Leave her alone Gray" said Erza to him her stern gaze fixated on him "You deserve this, not only did you broke the rules but you brought an innocent person into your schemes and worst of all you didn't thought about the possible risk you were putting Lucy in?"

Gray looked down in regret realizing how selfish his ideas had been "I'm sorry"

"What were you thinking about when you decided to take an S-Class mission?" asked the red haired mother holding the hand of her daughter that was watching happily how Gray was being scowled by her mother.

Gray flinched at the question but didn't answer he just kept walking ahead of everyone.

"Gray?" said Loke putting a hand on the black haired boy shoulder but he just swatted away making everyone looked at him.

"What's his problem?" asked Lucy frowning at Gray that just kept walking not looking at them.

"Let's leave him to himself for now he needs to come to terms with what he did" said Erza turning to look at Lucy "Tell me Lucy did something happened before we arrived at the island?"

Lucy hold her chin in thought "Mmmmm... we met a ghost I think" said Lucy

"A ghost?" asked Erza and Hinami at the same time.

"Yes, we met this man that did us the favor of taking us here but he disappeared in the middle of the ride turns out he was the dead son of the chief of the village" said Lucy explaining the weird situation to the red head and her daughter that looked perplexed about the whole matter.

"Wow really?" asked Hinami looking at Lucy her eyes shining.

"Yes" said Lucy smiling at the little girl.

(She really is cute)

Lucy looked at the pink haired girl seeing herself in the girl since she also has a father that doesn't care for her. At least the little girl still has her mother, unlike her.

"That sounds interesting" said Erza smiling at the busty blonde.

They continue walking and chatting amicably until they saw Gray turn around and approach Erza "Erza can I talk with you in private?"

Erza was about to refuse since she was still angry at him but the seriousness in his face made her accept his petition.

"Stay here while I talk with Gray Hinami" said Erza to her daughter who nodded

They walked into the forest taking some distance from the others that looked at them in curiosity.

"So what is so important that you have to speak to me away from the others?" asked Erza tapping her right foot.

"Erza... before you, Hinami and Loke arrived Lucy and I encountered the little girl that ash bra-" Erza eyebrow twitched at the slight insult "I mean Natsu trained"

Erza looked at him in the eyes, her face was completely expressionless, it like it was made out of ice and Gray could feel the incoming storm in her eyes.