Cracking Like Old Ice

"It's so horrible" cried a blue feline cat with tears flowing down his eyes "You guys left me alone at the station when I was buying fish and went to Hargeon without me"

Erza watched him feeling guilty about leaving him behind "I'm sorry happy, it was my fault I got distracted" she patted him in the head "How about I make you a full dinner of delicious fish tonight in compensation?"

Happy stopped crying and considered the option. His mouth was suddenly covered in drool "I forgive you Erza" said Happy hugging the red haired woman with his little paws while she laugh at his reaction.

They had just arrived at the Magnolia station minutes ago and found happy crying in a bench while eating a fish at the same time.

"You stayed here all this time?" asked Lucy to the feline.

"No, I went home at night and came back in the mornings to see if you guys came back" he said "I was lucky Levy gave me food or I would have starve"

"Why didn't you went to Mirajane's house?" asked Erza to the little talking cat "She always takes care of you and Hinami when I am out of town"

Happy expression turned sad. Erza quickly notice it.

"What is it?" asked the concern red haired woman.

"Mira had an accident" said the cat making everyone go wide eyed except Yukino who was still unconscious.

"What happened to her?" half screamed Gray scaring Happy.

"I don't know the Master didn't tell anyone, only Elfman knows since he was the one who told Master about the accident" explained the blue cat to everyone.

They looked at each other before nodding. They all started to run towards where the guild was located. Erza carrying Yukino and Loke carrying Hinami while Lucy and Gray ran besides them. Happy flew behind them.

They all had one singular thought in their mind as they sprinted deeper into Magnolia.

(I'll demand the Master to tell me what happened to Mira so I can help her)

2

He sat in front of her resting body looking at her beautiful face and snow white hair.

(Even when she used to be a tomboy she was a sight to behold, so dangerous but innocent at the same time and that's what always made her so enthralling in everyone's eyes)

"What happened to her?" asked Natsu to the pink haired medic mage who was standing behind him.

"Her mind couldn't handle the stress of losing so many important people to her and it erased all the painful memories to protect itself from breaking down consequently creating a different personality"

Natsu stared at her peaceful face while slowly touching her left cheek making Mirajane smile in her sleep which in return made Natsu smile as well.

They stayed in silence for a few moments until Natsu broke it.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I left?" asked the pink haired man without even looking at the old medic.

"I don't need to, I already know why" she said taking a seat beside him "What I want to know is why you never came back until now?"

Natsu didn't answered for a few minutes he just stroke Mirajane cheek.

Porlyusica stared at him analyzing his expression. She could see kind the pain and suffering that oblige people to grow up faster in order to survive.

(Poor thing, when he left he was just a heartbroken sixteen year old kid who wanted to get away from everything and now he looks so guilty, he must have done something's he didn't want-)