Chapter 15

"So, you're coming to my place?" Felix asked for the fifteenth time in the past thirty minutes. I sighed, looking up from the book I was holding before nodding. We were in the library, going about our different projects while sharing the fifth edition of the Building Tech textbook Felix had hidden.

He looked at me, nodding his head. "Oh, okay."

"You don't blame me for asking though," he started, playing with a pen cover as he bit his bottom lip. "You've been so cold to me lately. I'm kind of surprised you will want to come."

I felt my face warm up at his words. Yes, maybe what he and Amanda discussed had put me in a bad mood, but I had to come up with something when we needed more time to look through the replies we'd gotten from the people we let test the app. My folks were having family over, so that had been a no, and I didn't think we'd be allowed in the building after school. I'm also sure there was no way I was staying in his car with my laptop on my lap for four hours at a stretch. The local library was too far from his place, and they'd kick us out of any fast food restaurant for not getting any food.

Suggesting to go to his place had been the only option.

We'll just sit at his dining table or something. I thought when I started to get a little nervous about staying in the same place with him alone — especially seeing as that place was his house.

"We can do it in bits at a time in the library," I heard Felix say, making me look over at him. He was looking straight at me, and he shrugged before turning back to face the A4 papers that held his building plans in front of him. "I mean, there's no need to make you uncomfortable."

"I'll be fine," I said firmly, making him look towards me. His look told me that he didn't believe me in the slightest, but I ignored it, turning my attention to the book in front of me.

I heard him let out a small sigh, but I didn't react. We stayed in the library, not saying anything else to each other until the period came to an end.

Felix got up immediately the siren rang, leaving me behind as I packed up my books and returned the textbook to its hiding place. It was crazy that the librarian hadn't found it yet. To be honest, I wasn't even sure she ever arranged the shelves. That only got done when someone was on punishment to do it.

I left the library soon after and headed for my Chemistry class with Ji-Hun and Wyatt after I met up with them in the hallway. The rest of school went by quickly, and I met up with Felix in the parking lot when school hours came to an end.

I watched him talk on the phone a bit as he looked at me from time to time before looking away again.

"Yes, you can still come over."

I rose a brow, wondering who he was talking to.

"Yes Simon, we're still having a game night."

Oh. I thought as the conversation started to make sense.

"I'm sorry about that. I was talking to Simon," he said with a small smile after he hung up. "We have game night every once in awhile—"

"Game night as in board games, or—"

"We're playing Mortal Kombat and Infamous today. I meant video games, obviously." Felix rolled his eyes, making me smile a little.

We got into his car, leaving the school compound early for the first time in a long while. I started humming when he turned up the volume of the radio, singing along to the band called Imagine Dragons.

I let myself look out the window to observe the scenery as he drove. When we got to an area I hadn't seen before I let my gaze fixate longer on the passing buildings and shops until they were out of sight. The streets were near, and instead of apartment buildings and duplexes, there were neat little identical flats that were numbered side by side. Felix drove into the parking lot of one, turning the car off before turning towards me.