Chapter 25

"So, you think we're set?" Felix asked me for the fifth time in the past ten minutes. I rolled my eyes, looking through my computer as he walked about the stand's table.

"They're still on the first person. We're number 26. Chill," I said, trying to calm him down. He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair before heading over to take a seat beside me on the metal table.

"I know, I'm just anxious," he said, resting his head on the table as he watched me read through a document on my computer. I smiled, using my left hand to pat his head, making him let out a content noise.

"Everything will be fine, so try not to worry," I said, feeling him nod against my left hand.

It took a lot of time for the judges to move from table to table, I even got tired of fact-checking what we had a settled for resting my head on the table and running my fingers through Felix's hair as we talked in hushed tones.

I wasn't too sure what people back down were presenting, but from the glimpses I could catch from the people around us, everyone seemed to be amazing. The two girls beside us were presenting an eBay like app, but specifically for homework and tutors. As strained my ears to listen to the girls discuss, I couldn't help thinking about what a great idea it was. It worked with a GPS and could pair you with the nearest possible person that could help you.

Felix and I waited by our stand until the three judges eventually came up to our table. Felix got up, turning his computer the other way so that he could show them what was on the screen. He talked with the judges for a while, showing them how the site worked and I chirped in from time to time.

"This is the fourth social media site we're seeing today, and I'm not even counting the chat rooms," the middle-aged man among the judges said. He was there with two women. I frowned, turning to find that although Felix was still smiling his eyes had dimmed a little.

I get it. It's a bit of a demoralizing statement from the judge's part. "But social networking is at an all-time high. It's only normal that they'll follow the trends," the dark-haired plum lady beside him said as she scribbled something on her notepad. They were probably scores.

"We're looking for innovation, not people riding waves that have already started."

It might have been mumbled, but I heard the man word for word. Gladly, it was while Felix was engaging with the man's female co-workers and answering their questions.

When they eventually left our table Felix let out a sigh as he returned to his seat.

"You heard him?" I asked as I watched him place his head on the wooden surface of the table. He nodded, sighing again as I made to run my hand through his hair.

"He's just a bitter man. We did great, I'm sure the ladies agree," I said as he turned his head to the side to look at me.

"Come on, smile," I said, touching the space between his brows, making him laugh.

"Do you want to eat something as we wait? They have about fourteen more tables to attend to," I said, smiling when he agreed to my offer. We got up and headed out of the hall before walking into the open area. We found other people walking around, some people had even settled down on the grass with their computers as they ate junk food.

"Let's get ice-cream," Felix said, pulling me towards a stand surrounded by people of all ages. After waiting for a while we got popsicles and munched on them as we walked about the area.

We started going back to the hall when we noticed people were doing the same. They gathered beside the small stage that the talks had been held on. There were two people on it at the moment. A young woman, and the middle-aged man that had been part of the judges today.