Chapter Six - Salted Caramel

"Marley! I've missed you!"

Marley's golden eyes widened in fear at that voice. It had been nearly seven years since she last heard it, her stomach lurching as the girl hugged her from behind, slender arms enclosing around her neck.

Levi raised an eyebrow at the scene. The short haired girl squeezed the ginger girl tightly, so tight that air was forced from Marley's lungs.

"Ooo, Marley, introduce me to your friend!" she finally says, releasing the now pale girl. The mysterious girl leans on the nurse, eyes going half lidded as she glances to the raven haired male.

"Um, this is Dr. Levi Ackerman. He's my superior at work."

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Levi," she says, voice so low it rolls off her tongue as a purr. "I'm Hitch Dreyse, Marley's best friend in highschool."

Hitch had delicately wavy brown hair that was cut to rest just at her chin. Her eyes were a stunning amber with flecks of copper and gold, that were ever so luring in a half lidded shape that made her look like she was constantly trying to seduce you. Her lips were pouty with the corners slightly upturned into a somewhat erotic smirk. She had a slender body with delicately sculpted cheekbones that added to her already perfect smile.

"I didn't know you were in Trost." Marley's voice was barely a squeak. Her eyes remained fitted on the ground, shoulders tense.

"I'm just here for work. Modelling, you know?" Hitch smiles, perfectly white teeth shining brightly. "I didn't know you lived here though, Puddin."

"I moved here," Marley says quietly, cringing at the nickname that she was given in high school. She never hated the name her father had picked for her, but the fact that her name sounded like "Harley Quinn" was easily picked up even by people who weren't fans of the series.

But the name "Puddin", something Harley Quinn called the Joker, seemed to stick as a nickname.

"And what're you doing all the way out here? I can't believe you'd leave Stohess."

"You're from Stohess?" Levi asks, finally speaking up. Hitch's lips curl into a grin when she hears his low voice. There was always something erotic on her mind, and it was clear that she bubbling with excitement at meeting Levi.

"Yep, we're from Stohess!" Hitch grins, slinging an arm over Marley's shoulders. "Although I live in Mitras now. It's basically the new Los Angeles when it comes to modelling."

Get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here get out of here

Marley's head was pounding as those words flashed in her mind, screaming at her. Her knees shaked and she could feel her mouth drying as though it was filling with cotton. Her skin paled to a dangerous white as the need to vomit settled in the pit of her stomach. Her eyes lost focus as the beautiful girl next to her continued to chat happily to Levi. Hitch was like a snow leopard, so stunningly beautiful but so dangerous and deadly.

"I have to go," Marley croaks out, voice hoarse. She felt sick, her breathing was laboured, her heart was pounding.

"Where are you going?" Levi asks. His emotionless voice angered her. She didn't know how he could sound so calm when she was obviously panicking.

"I have somewhere to go," she answers quickly, turning on her heel.

Levi grabs her by the wrist, grip tight enough to keep her in place but not too tight as to cause her pain. "I have my car. I'll drive you."