Chapter Fourteen - White Russian

"Thanks for everything, Mom, Dad," Marley says with a smile, giving both of her parents a kiss on the cheek. She jumps to hug her extremely tall brother next, squeezing him tight before telling him "I'll see you on TV. I'll be rooting for you."

Levi finishes his goodbyes, grabbing one of her bags off the floor and heading to the car. It was midday on New Years Eve, and the two were just about to make the journey back to Trost. Levi's friend, who just so happened to be the owner of the extremely popular nightclub and bar Survey was throwing a huge party to ring in the new year, and had extended the invitation to Marley and all of her friends.

The drive went by quickly, the two talking or Marley singing around to the radio the entire time. They decided to go back to her house, so that she could get some new clothes, and made plans for her to just spend the night at his house, since he lived a lot closer than her to Survey.

After dropping off her bags and watering her plants, Marley packed some clothes to go out in and to spend the night in.

The two went back to his house, Levi agreeing to watch the Hallmark Christmas movies that she had recorded on his DVR. It wasn't until around 8 that she decided to start getting ready for the night, dressing in a deep blue sequined pencil skirt that went midway up her thigh with a deep neckline white blouse. She settled on a pair of heels that matched her skirt and decided to loosely curl her hair and put on more makeup than usual, given the holiday.

She headed back into the living room at 8:30 to find Levi waiting for her, hair still slightly wet from his shower. He was dressed in a black button up shirt tucked into a pair of dark wash jeans. A leather jacket was draped over the couch next to him.

"Parking's probably going to be bad. I was thinking of just taking my bike, it's easier to park."

"Yeah, sure."

"Here, wear this. I'll grab my other one." Levi hands her his heavy leather jacket before disappearing to his room to grab another one. In the months she's known him, she's never ridden on his motorcycle before. He's visited her house on it before, but she's never actually rode it.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't excited.

The two were out the door not long after, and not long after that Marley was gripping Levi tightly around the waist as the two of them made their way to Survey on the back of Levi's shiny black Yamaha. Through the visor of the helmet the city lights twinkled by. The leather coat she borrowed smelled strongly of Levi; like the sharp scent of his menthols and the warm scent of his shampoo. She didn't know if it was just her imagination, but the exhilaration of riding a motorcycle made the trip fly by.

After parking the two made their way to the club, skipping the long line waiting outside and walking straight towards the door.

"Hey, Mike," Levi says to the bouncer. It was the same bouncer from when she came with her friends in the summer. He was a tall blonde man with a straggly amount of facial hair for a beard and mustache. He stood with arms crossed, back against the facade of the building.

"Hey, Levi." He notices to two motorcycle helmets in their hands. "Took the bike?"

"Yeah, took the bike. Haven't drove it in a few weeks."

"Weather hasn't been good for it," he shrugs. "You still have to let me ride it one day."

"Yeah, yeah, one day." Levi pauses, looking back to Marley. She was just barely shivering from the cold; it wasn't the coldest night of the year, but the temperature was just about 42 degrees with a little breeze. "I'm going to head on inside. We'll talk later."

"Go throw that in the office," Mike says. "Got the key still?"

Levi holds up his keyring, showing the shiny key with the Survey logo on it. "Yep, got it."