Chapter Ten - Morning Coffee

"Oh. By the way. Do you want to spend the night tonight?'

Marley tilted her head at him. It was always hard to figure out what he meant because of his deadpanned voice and blank face. She could feel a blush creep up the back of her neck, and a nervous jitter made its way down to her toes.

"What?"

"Do you want to stay over tonight?"

Ah, so she did hear him right.

"Any reason why?"

"I thought we could start marathoning Game of Thrones together. I don't know a lot of people who watch Thrones so I thought it could be fun." He opened the door to his car for her before hopping in the driver seat. He hands Marley his phone with the music app open, motioning for her to pick a song.

"Yeah, sure," she says, scrolling through the songs to hide her face. Her scrubs for work were waiting for her at the hospital, and she usually kept a toothbrush and hairbrush on her to be prepared for anything. "I'll stay over."

She settled on some classic rock for the radio station, letting the guitar drone out in the background. They pulled into the parking garage, a well lit structure encased in glass that showed off the twinkling lights of Levi's upscale neighborhood. The elevator ride felt long as they ascended to one of the top floors of the tall building.

Levi opened the large gray door to his apartment, holding the door open for her. The apartment was as spacious as she remembers it, with windows that went from floor to ceiling and shiny floors. It smelled freshly cleaned, like cotton and sandalwood.

"It's still a little early for dinner," Levi says, checking his watch. "Want something to drink?"

"Sure." She kicks off her sneakers by the front door and leaves her bag resting against the wall.

"White or red?" Levi asks. He had a wine cooler built into his cabinetry, the size of a normal refrigerator.

"Whichever."

She sat at the kitchen island, watching as Levi uncorked a bottle of white wine. It was weird, seeing a man as wealthy as he was, with a house as incredible as his, uncorking a beautifully aged bottle of white wine dressed in a simple pair of jeans that were probably only from Macy's and a plain t shirt that could be bought in a pack of three for ten dollars.

"I think white will work best with dinner."

"Oh, right, what're you making?"

"I was thinking scallops and asparagus risotto."

"Sounds fancy."

"I saw it on Facebook earlier, so it can't be too difficult."

The two brought their glasses of wine to the couch, Levi grabbing the remote off of the coffee table and opening up the menu with all of the Game of Thrones seasons. They decided on starting at the beginning, watching as the dire wolf pups were found and as Bran Stark fell from the top of the tower. She hadn't watched season one in over a year, and she had almost forgotten how intense it was.

After about two episodes, Levi went into the kitchen to start dinner. The two left another episode running in the background and watched from the kitchen as Levi began to start prep for dinner. Marley was nearly mesmerized by the deft movement of his hands as he carefully cut into some vegetables.

He even worked like a surgeon while cooking dinner.

She grinned to herself at Levi's nervousness while cooking. His face remained emotionless but she could see by the way he kept checking the recipe on the iPad in the kitchen before every step that he was unsure of himself.