Chapter Fifteen - Extra Sweet

Her hands were pulling at his clothes, her lips reaching his neck. She was pulling his body to hers, feeling the rough material of his clothes against her bare skin.

"Marley..." he says, pulling away from her. He moves off of her and leans his back to his headboard, running his fingers through his already messed up hair. "You're drunk. Let's stop." One of his hands goes to his neck, already able to feel the stinging of bruises on his skin.

"I'm not," she says, self conscious of the fact that Levi was avoiding her gaze. She crosses her arms over her chest. She had stopped changing mid way, leaving her in only a bra and underwear. "I'm not drunk anymore, Levi."

"You're not sober either."

She bites her lip, attempting to hide her blush behind her half curled ginger hair. "Want to wait an hour and see if my decision changes?"

"Marley... We work together," he says quietly, his cheeks darkening slightly by seeing her without clothes. He brings his hands back to his hair, lowering his head. His shirt was half unbuttoned and his face got even redder when he realized his belt was already starting to be undone. "Workplace romances don't-"

"It doesn't have to be a romance!" she says quickly, blushing at her own words. "I mean... haven't you thought there was always something missing from our friendship?"

"... I never thought about it."

If there was one thing she could blame on alcohol, it was how bold she was able to be. She moves her hands from her chest, straddling Levi's waist. He swallows thickly, looking up at her and releasing a sigh. She reaches out, one of her hands going to his cheek.

"Levi-"

"Marley, we can't-," he sighs, a troubled look on his face as he meets her eyes. "You've never done... before... and with me?"

"If you don't want to, I'll drop it."

Levi swallows thickly again. She had always been the girl he worked with, that through this and that happening, had become one of his best friends. He'd always wanted to keep it like that - To ignore the fact that she was stunning, with beautiful ginger hair and glowing golden eyes and perfectly pouty lips. The moonlight and city lights surrounded her small frame and delicate curves, showing over her flawless pale skin and-

"It's not that I don't-"

"Do you not see me like that?"

Ah, fuck... He could tell her feelings were hurt, that the alcohol made her more emotional than normal. He knew her past, her struggles in highschool and her feelings of inadequacy after the bullying from that girl Hitch. He leans up, hugging her close to him, ignoring the feeling of her bare skin under his fingertips.

"Are you kidding? I've seen you like that for a while... it's just... we're coworkers..."

"I'm not looking for anything serious," she says, wrapping her arms around him. "There's no feelings, right?"

"... Right."

"Just physical attraction."

"... Right."

She pulls away from the hug, their faces only centimeters apart. She was looking at his lips, cheeks flushed, eyes glossy. "So we only have to act on that."

"That's a dangerous game, Marley..." he draws out. He lowers his hands to her waist, seeing her lean in closer to him.

"But I want to play."

Their lips meet again, colliding in desperation and desire. His grip tightened on her waist, pulling her closer to his body. His lips went to her neck, kissing from her jawline down to her collarbone. Her fingers undid the buttons on his shirt. Their gaze met again, eyes darkened, both out of breath.