11; Lacrosse Is Overrated

fidelity 

noun | fuh - dell - uh - tee | meaning - the quality or state of being faithful 

11; Lacrosse Is Overrated 

Miles Argent's knee bumped up and down at an anxious pace, rhythmically moving to the same silent beat as his impatiently dancing fingers on the arm of the chair he was sitting. Although he sat in the Principle's office with his grandfather, the room was so silent it could've been empty. Gerard Argent slowly went through paperwork as Miles' eyes flickered over to the clock hanging on the wall. He almost wanted to go to the lacrosse game Allison had roped him into going to just so he could get out of the room. 

After waiting for close to an eternity for her to finally join them, Allison gently knocked on the office door before opening to enter. 

"Allison, great timing! I was just finishing up here," Gerard told his granddaughter happily. He got up from his seat behind his desk to walk over to Allison and give her a not-so-warm embrace followed by a quick kiss on the cheek older people seemed to be so fond of doing. 

"So you guys are ready to go then?" Allison questioned, glancing over at Miles who quickly unfolded himself from the small chair to stand upright. 

Gerard motion to his two grandchildren for them to get going. Once they were all out, he carefully locked up his office before slipping his keys into his pocket. He turned to look back at Allison. "Now I have to warn you, you're going to have to be patient with me tonight." 

Allison gave her grandfather a look of vague confusion. "How come?" 

"I'll probably have a lot of questions seeing as I've never seen an actual lacrosse game before," Gerard smiled kindly, which was a look that was almost eerie coming from him. Allison attempted to smile back as he extended an elbow out to her for her to take. Cautiously, Allison did just that. 

Like his elder, Miles Argent had never seen a lacrosse game before. However, he didn't plan on asking any questions about the sport mostly because Miles couldn't have cared less about Lacrosse. While the team might've been the pride and joy of the high school, Miles felt nothing but indifference to the hype surrounding them. With his life revolving around hunting the creatures of the night, he couldn't quite find the appeal of chasing around a ball with a stick. 

As the three Argents made there way out to the lacrosse field, the conversation Miles had early that day with Allison surfaced in the back of his mind. He was still completely and totally against the idea of working with other teenagers who were way smarter then him just so he could get a diploma that he was sure he didn't need. He was a Hunter at heart, he was sure of it. He wasn't going to let Ms. Morell or anyone else try to manipulate the one and only thing he'd been sure of his entire life. 

Frowning to himself, Miles shook off the internal conflict he'd taken hours to forget about. Instead, he let his mind drift back to the slightly less aggravating thought of getting a tutor. That, of course, led him to skimming the bleachers for Lydia to see if she was there yet. Getting him to talk to her about tutoring was the reason Allison had dragged him to the game, anyways.