Chapter Two

Decan's Journal: So, I've decided to start a journal to keep track of the things we did and when. Yesterday wasn't very eventful. We simply got rid of any nearby infected then rested for the rest of the day, although before yesterday it had been a stressful week, so I guess a little rest was good for us anyway, I wonder what today holds.

     "Miller! Get up!" I shouted from downstairs. "its nearly afternoon and today is your day to get rid of the infected!" I continued to shout.

"Let me sleep! You do it!" He shouted with a few bangs from above.

"No! get up or I'm gonna throw your food away!" I shouted one more time.

"NO! STOP!" a yell came as I heard a door kicked open and footsteps running one after the other. "Ah!" I heard as I looked over and saw him falling down the stairs. A smirk slowly appeared on my face.

"I knew that would work" I said with a small chuckle.

"You're such a bully.." He said as he got up then walked over to the kitchen and started to eat.

"Well, I'm sorry that you keep sleeping in late. It's not my fault" I told him. "Just finish eating and take care of them.".

Miller threw his plate in the trash then grabbed his weapons and looked out the door. "There's no infected out there.." He told me as he turned around with a big grin on his face.

"Is it what I think it is..?" I said.

"I think it is." He said to me.

"Lets go!!" I shouted as I grabbed my guns then ran outside with Miller in front of me.

"It feels good to be back outside, doesn't it?" He told me.

"Sure does." I said as I grabbed my bike and opened the front gate and he grabbed his. 

   "Alright, do you wanna go to the same store or go to separate stores?" I asked Miller.

"I'm thinking separate. That way we can cover more ground." He said to me with a tone filled with excitement.

"Perfect. I'll meet you at the house later." I told him as I grinned then rode off on my bike.

     After arriving at the store I left my bike outside and went inside. It was deserted. There wasn't much inside of it so I left. "Where to next.." I whispered to myself. I looked over my shoulder and saw and infected. 'Shouldn't they all be gone by now?' I thought to myself. I stopped and turned around with the intent to kill it, until I noticed it was carrying a body. I then no longer wanted to kill it.

"I wonder where it's going.." I said as I slowly rode around 20 feet behind it, trying to not disturb it. It continued going for another 30 minutes. I noticed that there was water nearby, a large lake where there were hundreds if not thousands of infected gathered. I stopped dead in my tracks and didn't dare go any further. When that last infected got there, they all started dragging the bodies and throwing them into the lake then walked down into the water themselves.

I was so curious I had to see so I went closer. I left my bike a couple of feet away from the water and went up to it, looking inside of it. I saw lights and something large and gray. I got closer, and closer, until I fell in.

"AH! Ah!!" I shouted as I moved around trying to swim back to shore, when I looked down and noticed all of the infected seen before swimming up to me. It was like my life flashed before my eyes. I got back to the dirt and started to run to the bike. After I got on the bike and started riding I noticed thousands of infected all running for me. I grabbed my phone out of the bike basket and called Miller. He picked up immediately.

"MILLER YOU NEED TO GET BACK TO THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW! THE INFECTED HAVE ENDED THEIR WEEK EARLY! GO, NOW!" I shouted before ending the phone call and pedaling at my top speed. I looked back and saw the infected getting closer.

   My heart was racing and I was trying my best to get back home alive, but it felt as if this would be the end. I looked back and an infected jumped at me with great speed, slashing the bike tire and flipping my bike over. I rolled in the street and got scratches and bruises all over my body and I got up as quickly as I could and started running, by now it would be maybe a 5 minute run to the house.

I pulled out my pistol and shot the one that flipped over my bike straight to the head then ran at my top speed. My feet were on fire and I didn't know if I'd make it back home alive. They were quicker than me and they were catching up to me. Every time I looked back they were closer and closer. Their screeching noises didn't help either, it only got louder and louder. I thought about everything and how if I didn't make it Miller would be alone.

The house was now at most 30 seconds away, but thats all the infected needed to get to me. I ran and ran as my feet started to burn and the bottom of my shoes started to tear and fall apart. I looked back and I was within arms reach of the infected.

I saw the front gate closed and I jumped over it, only to be grabbed by an infected, it tore off my shirt and I fell down getting scratches all over my arms, chest and back as my guns flew across the yard. I was panting heavily as I lied there just happy to be safe.

Miller ran out to me and helped me up and said, "Are you okay?! What happened?!".

"I'll tell you inside" He said to me holding me up as we entered the house