Chapter Twelve

We stepped  further into the airport, wishing for the best. But who knew when we would get that in this hell.

Bodies are scattered left and right.

Skeletons, too.

blood  all over the place. A nasty sight, but I've definitely seen worse than this.

"Alright, lets go. We just need to find a place  with a cooler and leave the boxes there then we can go to a plane and set up." I said as we walked around the airport.

"Shouldn't we split up?" Kimberly asked

"You might as well say, 'Shouldn't we die?'. This isn't a movie where we split up and all get killed" I said in a disrespectful tone to her. 

"You didn't have to be rude about it." She said back to me

"Well you didn't have to say stupid stuff, guess we both made a bad choice huh?" I said in response to her, getting angrier every time I heard her dumb voice, she sounded like a mouse.

"Alright that's enough, fighting wont get us anywhere." Miller said to Kimberly and I

"Acting like you have no brain won't either" I mumbled under my breath

"Huh?" Miller asked

"Nothing. Just talking to myself" I said

"Hey! What's that over there?" Michelle said, stopping everyone else from speaking. She pointed to a small café  with a light above it. It wasn't flickering or anything, it was working perfectly fine. This was an extremely rare sight, to see something in good condition.

"Maybe they have a cooler. If the light is working why wouldn't something like a freezer be working?" Miller said

"Good point." I said to him. I had low expectations. I knew everything in this world was disappointing, what would change now?

We arrived at the counter of the café. 

"Sit the boxes there, Miller and I will go check in the box for a cooler." I said as we all sat the boxes down, our bodies were begging for a break anyway.

We walked to the back.

Crunch.

Crunch

Crunch.

We saw an infected sitting there, on the floor. It was feeding on a humans body. I don't think this is something I've ever seen that before. Terrifying. A chilling sight. I felt goosebumps on me as my body went cold.