Chapter Seven

Decan's Journal: Its been around 4 weeks, and now I'm finally able to walk around. I can move, cook, eat, do whatever. I'm fine now. Although of course after that encounter I'd prefer to stay inside from now on. But I still have yet to figure out what is going on between Miller and Kimberly, but I sure intend to find out.

A month. 4 weeks. 31 days. I was in bed for too long. I've finally recovered and I can now move around with ease. No more excessive pain. Of course I'm still bandaged up, but I can do what I need to now. I won't be able to kill infected until I'm fully recovered, sadly. Every night from that horrid month I heard the same noises. Coming from Miller's room. I don't know what it is exactly, but I have an idea.

The time of the day is 7:22 Pm

"The sun is going down" Miller said sitting to the side of Kimberly

I nodded at him before I grabbed and apple and took a bite into it. "Now that I'm doing better, do we have any plans for tomorrow? Neither of you have gone to get supplies in over a month. We are getting low" I told the two of them

"I guess I can go. If you want to join me feel welcomed too, I guess." Miller said 

"Um.. I think I'll stay" Kimberly said with a small giggle and adjusted herself on the couch.

"Yeah, I'll go." I said to him. "I'm sure you don't mind if I take your bike, right Kimberly?" I asked her.

"No, sure. Go ahead and use it" She said to me.

"Okay, thanks." I clenched my apple and began walking up the staircase. "i'm heading to bed. I'll see you guys in the morning. 

I hadn't really planned on going to bed, but I need some time to do some things. Earlier I had taken a trip to the garage and got 3 small cameras. I remembered when me and Miller first had came to this house we brought these with us and planned on setting them around the outside of the house but never got around too it. They're small enough to where they can't be seen unless you're looking for them, but they still give good enough quality. I placed one in his closet behind all of his clothes, one behind the T.v in his room, and one in the corner on the ceiling. This was the only way for me to find out what was happening.

After I finished setting them up I connected them to my phone so I can see what was going on at that exact moment. This didn't take me very long, maybe 45 minutes. After that I went to my room and locked the door. Dead silence throughout the house. I had a couple more hours to wait so I set an alarm on my phone and sat it directly next to my ear so it was loud of enough to wake me up but quiet enough so they couldn't hear.

The clock struck 10 Pm, the time Miller always gets in bed at. The alarm went off, startling me as I rolled around in my covers, waking me up. I rubbed my eyes and heard a door opening then being shut. It must've been them. I checked my phone and went to the cameras. I saw Miller lying down on the bed with Kimberly lying over him. They laughed and smiled at each other, every few seconds they would kiss then go back to talking. I had seen enough and knew where this was headed, so I shut my phone off and went to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I went over to Miller's door and knocked on it before I went in. "One second" He shouted as I heard a lot of movement that seemed to be coming from the bed. "Okay, come in" He said before I opened the door.

"I want to go early so get ready" I told him slowly looking around the room when I noticed a large lump on the bed. I sighed.

"Uhh.. Okay, I'll get ready right now" he said as he threw the covers off and got out of the bed, only in his boxers. "Would you mind?" He told me gesturing to leave the room. 

I nodded and walked out then closed the door behind myself. I had known what went down that night and it was time to confront Miller about it. He had thrown everything we discussed just for that.

I went downstairs holding my gun in hand, wiping it down. I looked to my side and saw Miller walking down the staircase alongside Kimberly. They were laughing and talking. Kimberly and I exchanged looks. I gave her a glare and she glared right back.

"Let's go." I said tossing the towel onto the couch and walking to the door.

"Alright, let's do this he said" He told me. He smiled at Kimberly before we both walked out of the door.

We hopped onto the bikes, a hand on one handle and a hand on our gun. As we rode past the infected we shot them straight through their heads, killing them.

We arrived at the store and took our bikes in with us. We left them on the inside right by the entrance. We walked around looking. I stopped him by grabbing his shoulders. "We need to talk.." I said

"What is it?" He said looking back at me. 

"I know about you and Kimberly, did you think I was oblivious?" I said with a hint of anger in my tone.

"oh.. honestly, I might've..." He said scratching his head. 

"You just threw out everything we talked about that night? How she might not be trustworthy?" I said as I leaned against a shelf.

"Well maybe I was wrong. Maybe she is trustworthy. Besides, we have good intentions. We both decided that we need to try and reproduce, the world is ending, you know. We will have to sooner or later" He said thinking he sounded smart.

"Well better later than sooner. She's 17, she clearly doesn't understand what having a child comes with. Do you even think you're prepared to be a father?" I told him

"Yes, I know I'm ready" He said with confidence.

"Well, I can't stop you, but you will have to deal with the problems this creates. But just think about this, do you really want to raise a child in this world? You don't wanna wait til we get rid of all the infected?" I told him before we heard a roaring sound outside. We both knew it was the infected.

We quickly ran outside so we could get rid of them before they came inside the store. We ran right in front of the store and looked to the left. We didn't see any. Then to the right.

"AHH!" Miller and I both shouted falling onto our backs. We looked up and saw it.

A bright red car, a mazda 6 specifically. Both of our hearts pumping. We both could only wonder one thing, "Where did they come from?"

They stepped out of the car and looked down at us. Another survivor