Chapter Eleven

~Millers Pov~

It touched me. I felt its blood drenched hands clenching my shoulders. Was it the end for me? I guess it didn't matter much now, did it. I'm already there. There's nothing I can do. If I went to grab my gun I'd certainly lose control of the car and spin off into something, causing the car to crash until the infected eats me alive or more come to take me. 

If I keep driving he'll eat at me as I'm doing it. I guess there's just no solution to this, is there? Dying is the only option.

I still wish I could just see him one last time. Decan. My best friend, my brother. Decan. I'll be seeing you in heaven soon. It's time for us to reunite.

I love you, brother.

"Ghhhh.. GagHH! GgggFST.. Er!!Ghhh" The creature mumbled as its hand still rested on my shoulder.

My last moments as its claws gripped down on my shoulder. It was almost like I could hear Decan. Tears flowing down my eyes as I continued to follow the Mazda.

A sad ending, watching everything crumble before me.

"faster....." I heard a whisper.

"faster...." It went again

"faster..!!!" I gasped for air.

The tears stopped flowing. I looked in the mirror. It was him.

Decan.

He was alive. Here, in my car. It was him, he was the one who had jumped through the window. I guess it just wasn't our time to go yet.

*Decans Pov*

"faster...!!!" I told Miller as he gasped for air. I saw his face in the mirror, looking directly at me. The tears had stopped rolling down his face. 

He nodded at me then put his foot on the gas pedal, hoping to get closer to the Mazda. I jumped ahead to the passenger seat, since I was basically lying on boxes.

I held my side, as it consisted of both wood and glass being stuck in it.

"How'd you make it?" Miller asked me

"When you made the turn, I jumped over a fence. I took  a shortcut and had to run through some wood fences, which is why I have wood in my side. After I finally caught up to the van I ran to the street, I punched the back window and jumped through, which is obviously where I got the glass from in my side and why my hand is bleeding" I told him pulling out the pieces of wood and glass and throwing them out the window.

"All that matters now is that you made and that you didn't die." He said as we made another turn. The infected were farther behind us, but still close enough.

"Should we get on the freeway?" A voice came from a phone, it was Michelle's..

"No, we are gonna go to the airport. We are gonna spend the night there, cause we all know we can't keep driving at night. There's one around 10 minutes away from here." Miller said. A smart decision.

"We should spend the night on a plane rather than in the airport. " I said to Michelle over the phone

"Decan? I thought you were dead." Kimberly said in the background

"Well I'm not. A real miracle isn't it?" I said to her

"Yes! It is!" Michelle said excitedly 

"Alright, lets go faster. We aren't gonna escape these infected driving at this speed." Miller said

"We'll need some of this too" I said grabbing a gun before I stuck my head and arms out the window, aiming for the big crowd of infected, then firing.

"Keep slowing them down" Miller said as we sped up.

We pulled up to the airport. The girls stopped in front of us, and we all got out the car.

"Kimberly and Michelle, help Decan and I carry these boxes. We're gonna need to take the stuff that needs to be kept cold and find a freezer or something." Miller said as we grabbed boxes out of the van

"Okay, we will" Michelle said as her and Kimberly grabbed some boxes, then we all headed into the airport.

Silence, darkness, and more was all that surrounded us. What a journey we have been on.

A/N

Sorry for the extremely short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it! So, tell me, when was it when you realized Decan was the 'creature' in the van? Was it before I revealed it, or when I revealed it?