Chapter Six

Decan's Journal: So, Kimberly might not have been as trustworthy as we thought. She seemed to either be lying, or hiding something from us. It was one of the two, and I intended on figuring it out. 

I woke up and stretched first thing. I got out of my bed and opened the window looking out of it when I heard talking in the room over, Miller's room. It was muffled, so I couldn't make out any words. Within seconds I heard a door open and footsteps running downstairs. I then unlocked my door and opened it. I walked out into the hall and saw Miller standing there. 

"Morning." I said to him scratching my chest.

"Good morning" He told me with a towel wrapped around his waist. 

"Did you just take a shower?" I asked him curiously. 

"No, I'm about to take one." he responded to me with before walking into the bathroom.

I walked past his room to see if Kimberly was in hers and noticed a bra on the floor. There was no reason for him to have a bra. There is only one explanation for why that could have been there. I knocked on Kimberly's door. No answer. I knocked once more. Still no answer. I left and headed downstairs.

I saw her sitting there on the couch with nothing but a over sized and panties. I simply looked at her, I didn't say anything. 

"Good morning" She said drinking a cup of milk. I chose to ignore her. I grabbed my pistol and headed straight out the door.

I cocked the gun, opened the gate, and went out. I waved my hand and whistled, calling all the infected to me. They all started to advance towards me. I then began shooting them, blood flying everywhere, brains being thrown all over the streets. It felt good to let off some steam, until one was able to get behind me without noticing.

It dug its hands into my shoulders and back and held me there. "AH!" I shouted trying to turn around, but unable to. I continued to try to shoot at the ones advancing from in front of me and succeeded, but that didn't make the one holding onto me any better.

Withstanding the pain I was able to rid the area of the infected, except the one still digging its hands deeper into my shoulders. I continued to shout in pain. I started to fall to my knees, I had lost too much blood. I fell down and hit my face on the burning hot pavement. I slowly started to pass out. 

It took its claws out of my shoulders and back and grabbed me by my legs, starting to drag me on the pavement. My clothes ripping, gaining holes in them. My face burning. Was this the end for me? I didn't know if I'd get out alive, it sure didn't seem like Kimberly or Miller had heard my yelling.

It continued to drag and drag me along the hot streets of Ontario, California. I was slowly losing consciousness. Everything was going black. I could barely see anymore, but I could still feel. I was able to get one last glimpse of my fate. I saw the lake, before being flung into the air and hitting the water. I felt myself sinking, then I saw the infected jump into the water. That's when I lost my consciousness.

Muffled. Muffled. Muffled. I knew I was still alive but I didn't know what was going on. I couldn't even bring myself to lift my eyelids. I couldn't tell whether I was under the deep blue lake, or if I was above on the dry land. I assumed I was in the lake based on the muffled sounds. I passed out again.

I don't know how long I was out, but I was finally up. I lifted my eyelids and saw I was in my room. How was this possible? It didn't make any sense. My arms were wrapped and bandaged up all the way up to my shoulders, and my back was bandaged and wrapped too. 

I tried to get out any word I could. "hel.. p h..e..l..p" I said in a raspy voice. 

I heard footsteps coming to the room and Miller was there. It must have been him. He must have somehow been able to save me. Either that or I was in heaven. 

"you're awake, thank God." He said with a sigh of relief.

"Wh. what, happ.." I wasn't able to get the full word out, but he knew what I was trying to say.

"I heard a yell but I figured it was just Kimberly watching Tv. But then I heard it again, except this time louder and it sounded like it came from outside. I looked out the window in the shower and saw you being dragged by an infected with blood all over you. I bolted out the shower and put on some boxers and shorts. I grabbed the shotgun and followed the infected. I ran, and ran, and ran. No shoes or anything. I finally caught up to the infected. I had seen you be thrown into the lake by it and I ran and kicked the infected into the lake, then shot it right through its head, You were sinking fast, so I jumped in and grabbed you, then swam out. I threw you over my shoulder and ran back here as quick as I could, and Kimberly helped me bandage you up." He said sitting at the side of the bed.

"thank.... yo..u" I said in the same raspy voice. He nodded, then left the room.

I still hadn't confirmed the mystery of what happened last night with Kimberly and Miller but I needed to know.  I didn't know how long I'd be in that bed, but as soon as I got out I made a promise to myself to find out.

What were Kimberly and Miller up to?