Chapter 2 - New Family

Hi! I would first like to say sorry if you were waiting on this. This is my first fanfic so I'm not used to putting aside time to write. I try to update whenever I have the will to keep my brain in order long enough to write. Read and please enjoy!

DISCLAIMER - I do not own YJ or its characters. I only own the plot and my minor OC.

After a ten minute walk, the pair arrived at a warehouse in the middle of town. Dick had no reason to know that this was The Joker and Harley Quinn's base for the time being, so he didn't really have any negative thoughts.

That being said, he didn't have many thoughts at all. It was too soon after his parents passing.

As they headed towards the large doors, he realized that they were going to enter. Curiosity getting the best of him, he piped up to the lady known to him as 'Harley'.

"Harley, why are we here?" his voice barely louder than when he last spoke.

"I live here hun. Don't worry, it's nicer inside, I promise," she replied, with a smile on her face.

"Okay then. But is there anything I should know?"

"The only thing I can think of for now is the wonderful man I live with. Oh, he's the most amazing man in the world. While he may look a little odd at first, you get used to it. So please don't judge him on his appearance like everybody else. Just give him a chance."

Dick gave a slight tilt of the head as a nod, slightly surprised by how well 'Harley' spoke of this mysterious man, but also wondering why she had to add in the last few sentences - he couldn't look that bad, could he?

Alas, like many other times in his life, Richard Grayson was about to find out just how wrong he was.

Convinced that the boy she had brought back to her humble abode would be alright to bring in, Harley Quinn took one deep breath, opened the looming double doors and pelted out, "Puddin', I'm home! And I have a surprise!"

At these words, The Joker, who had currently been lounging next to the radio in a different section of the heavily customized warehouse, sprung up and started to race towards where Harley was.

"What is it? I love surprises! What did you bring me Harls?"

Reaching the hallway which housed the door, it was needless to say that the clown prince of crime was at least a little shocked to see-

"A kid?"

(A/N:This would be a great place to stop, but I want to add more)

While surprise inhabited his face, the signature grin only he could pull off stayed the entire time.

Meanwhile, Dick seemed to shrink down behind Harley's legs, a little shocked and almost scared at the strange man who had appeared.

After all, who wouldn't be at least a little scared at a guy with white skin, green hair, scarred lips and a demonic smile? Add that to the fact that he was only 8 years old..... you get the idea.

The only reason he wasn't scared, was because of the obvious fact that he was from the circus.  It may seem strange, but this man almost comforted him, for he reminded him of clowns and thus, his home in the circus that he had gotten used to.

"This is Dick, I err, adopted him."

"Really? So you're now his mother?"

"Adoptive mother."

The Joker's grin seemed to grow larger. "Does that make me his adoptive father then?"

"Of course Mr J! You're okay with that right?"