10

Waking up, I felt generally happy-- something I hadn't felt in a while.

I kissed ____'s forehead gently, causing her to open her eyes and smile at me.

Her head was on my shoulder and her hips were on mine. I had my arms around her, holding her close.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," she kissed my neck playfully.

"Do you have to go to work today, love?"

She sighed, "I would... but I think I'm going to quit my job there. I could find a better one-- one that treats me kindly."

I smiled and nodded, "Okay. Are you going to do that today?"

She nodded, "Yeah. I would just call but I actually need to get my things that I have there."

**********

"I'm quitting," she said sternly.

"Okay," her boss relied, "Get your things. We'll send you your last paycheck. I am honestly sorry for how the others treated you, and I will talk to them about you. I completely understand why you chose to leave, sweetheart," the woman said.

I was sitting in the car but I quickly jumped out and opened her door for her when she came back out with a box full of stuff.

"Thank you," she gave me a peck on the lips before getting in the car.

"So how did it go?"

"It was okay, my boss understood me. She's great."

Avi nodded, resting his hand on my thigh.

You giggled and leaned over to kiss his shoulder.

"I love you," you whispered.

"I love you too, baby."

Driving back to the apartment building, you and Avi had just gotten up to your room. He opened the door.

He jumped, his eyes widening.

"What are you doing? Avi?"

"____?" Your mother's voice was heard from inside the apartment.

"Mom?" You pushed past Avi, who followed you in,

"Who is this man?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

You grabbed Avi's hand and pulled him closer to you, resting a hand on his stomach.

"This is Avi, my boyfriend."

Her eyebrow raised, "And why is he living with you?" She gestured to the man clothes on the floor by the bed.

"It's kind of a long story."

She rolled her eyes, laughing.

"I don't mean to intrude, but imma do it anyway, have you had sex with this man?"

You blushed, looking up at Avi before looking at the ground.

"Ooooh, good job buddy, you got some," she patted Avi on the shoulder.

He chuckled.

"Hello, Mrs ____."

"Haha, call me Christa."

"Okay," he reached to shake her hand.

She rolled her eyes, "C'mere," she pulled him into a hug.

Avi awkwardly hugged back, not exactly sure where to put his hands.

"Can you two kiss for me?"

You cocked your head.

"Just do it."

You shrugged and turned to Avi. He grinned at you and cupped your cheeks, pushing a piece of hair out of your face before lifting it up, pressing his lips to yours.

Your arms wrapped around his waist, pulling his larger body closer.

"I love you," he mumbled slightly into the kiss, pulling away.

You grinned happily at him, almost forgetting your mother was there. She said something and you jumped into Avi's chest.

"You two are cute. He's a keeper. He has this voice that's amazing. You're cute," she squeezed his chin slightly.

Avi looked at you, pleading for help with his eyes, and you simply leaned up to kiss his bearded jawline.

.